• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

New 3rd generation guy

tomwilson74

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Just traded my 2012 TRD OR last month. I really love the new look on my 2020. I have an OME lift being delivered soon and install is scheduled for the 22nd. Pictures to follow. As a lot of us are doing, I’m searching “tire and rim fit” questions. Wanting to run 285/75/16” on mine. No cutting hopefully. I had the same set up on my 2012 and didn’t have to cut anything and had no rubbing issues. I plan on buying a set of rims, 0 offset and 4.5” (?) backspacing. I was told by Wheeler’s Off Road I needed 0 offset.
I plan on selling the stock suspension.

I’m 55 years old, live in southern West Virginia. I’m a disabled Vet, I love woodworking, married and have one daughter.

Last edited:
Welcome to T3G and congrats on your new truck. The 2020 has a lot of quality of life improvements over the 2016-2019 models, so I think you'll be happy with it.

It sounds like with that offset and backspacing with a lift, you should be good running that tire size. You might rub the corner of your bumper or cab while turning and going over a bump, but if that does happen it shouldn't be a big deal.

We are a friendly group so let us know if you need anything else.

Back