• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Entune/CarPlay Nav while in motion

nickyreno

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I want to be able to use entune while in motion. I don’t want/need anytime cameras and I don’t want to have to add additional switches or plugs.

What are my options?

So you want to use the navigation while moving? As in entering addresses and such? Is that correct?

If so your only option I know of is to add a switch that disconnects the head unit front he movement sensor and therefore tricks the hard unit into thinking the truck is not moving. I'm sure if you're savvy you may be able to come up with a no cut, no switch solution for this using the instructions attached.

See the attached PDF.

Attachments

• eNavOverride.pdf
    209.3 KB · Views: 285
Use your phone nav instead? Won't Waze, google/apple/bing maps all show up on the head unit? Easier than modding a bypass?

So you want to use the navigation while moving? As in entering addresses and such? Is that correct?

If so your only option I know of is to add a switch that disconnects the head unit front he movement sensor and therefore tricks the hard unit into thinking the truck is not moving. I'm sure if you're savvy you may be able to come up with a no cut, no switch solution for this using the instructions attached.

See the attached PDF.

Not for navigation purposes. I use Apple Car Play if i need navigational guidance. I'm more concerned with being able to search through the music on my Bluetooth device (in this case, my phone). Entune will not allow me to make selections until I've stopped moving.

Yeah that seems silly. I usually just leave one of two sat presets on. As a cheap hack could you guy an aux cable and bypass the usb altogether?

Yeah that seems silly. I usually just leave one of two sat presets on. As a cheap hack could you guy an aux cable and bypass the usb altogether?

I can still use my mobile device to do anything I want while it's connected through bluetooth, I just can't do anything using the head unit while I'm moving. I just want to be able to pick a song without having to pick up my phone.

The method described in the attached file I linked above should work to build the motion detection in the head unit and also allow you to access the rest of the head units features. It does in mine.

The method described in the attached file I linked above should work to build the motion detection in the head unit and also allow you to access the rest of the head units features. It does in mine.

Can’t I just un-pin #17? What’s the point of having it on a switch?

copy that, sorry for the confusion. Good luck!

I think the reason for the switch is you only disconnect it when you want to make changes. otherwise you leave it connected so the navigation will work.

If you were to just unpin it the nav would never update your movement. Meaning you would no longer get the live movements of the cursor on the screen.

If you were to just unpin it the nav would never update your movement. Meaning you would no longer get the live movements of the cursor on the screen.

Well shit. Think it would still update weather info through a location based means?

Likely yes. It's only for the vehicle movement tracking.

Back