mZiggy's Taco Belle

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

mZiggy

= IV • Gold
T3G O.G.
First Name
Marc
Military
Army
T3G Member
Hello all, I have a cement '17 Pro 6MT and I'm in El Paso, TX.

Current modifications/additions:
- OV tuned
- A.R.E. Overland shell w/ various add ons
- Cali Raised rear bed molle storage panel
- husky front and rear floor mats
- AVS in-channel window visors
- 30" ijdmtoy light bar behind the bumper with 6" Rigid Industries amber covers on each end
- Cali Raised low profile ditch light brackets w/ Extreme LED stackerz light pods
- 3D printed mount for the light bar and pod lights buttons
- 55w Morimoto 6k HIDs
- amber Raptor grille lights
- various recovery gear (tow strap, shackle, soft shackle, independent jumper cables [use a battery pack to jump rather than another car battery], various tools, air down tools, air compressor) - in bags on the molle bed panel
- OEM bed mat
- removed oem predator steps

*On Order/In transit for Delivery:
- Avid Offroad rock sliders

*Wish List:
- Prinsu Toprac for above the bed shell
- rotopax
- maxtrax or treds
- Fallen Wildpeak AT3W's or Goodyear Duratracs, haven't decided
- rear diff skid plate

Attachments

• 0428181115.jpg
    0428181115.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 0428181107.jpg
    0428181107.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 75
  • 0428181049.jpg
    0428181049.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 0429181219_HDR.jpg
    0429181219_HDR.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Welcome to the forum! I dig the shit out of that ARE overland shell. They actually reposted my repost of your post (lol) if you didn't see. How do you like the OV Tune?

mZiggy

= IV • Gold
T3G O.G.
First Name
Marc
Military
Army
T3G Member
Welcome to the forum! I dig the shit out of that ARE overland shell. They actually reposted my repost of your post (lol) if you didn't see. How do you like the OV Tune?
Lol thanks brother. Yes I did see, that was super cool that they shared it! I love the shell and it's been an excellent addition to my truck for sure. My primary use for it started out because I keep my dogs in the bed and don't trust them to not jump out. So they stick their heads out the window and enjoy themselves, but the longer I've had the shell I've discovered just how useful and beneficial it's been to have it.

I really do love the OVT. It's hands down the best thing I've done for my truck. Drivability is greatly improved, little quirks and even the more dangerous aspects of the OEM tune are corrected, as well as the application of power and added power (depending on if you run the 87 or 91 octane maps). Others may disagree, they may say that it doesn't do much for them, but nearly every time that's due to their having other mods such as heavy tires and armor. The base tune that is just about finished with development is best intended for vehicles that are stock or close to stock. Custom tuning for those who wish it opens up soon and that will help everyone else who still feels like they need more from their tune. Final touches on the base tunes are close to being ironed out, which took awhile because of the incredibly wide degree of variance discovered in how the Tacomas behave. In my opinion, the tune is perfect as it is but it's also been established that my truck is one of the discovered unicorns that doesn't care what map gets flashed lol

In summary, I have nothing but positive things to say about Mat/OV and his maps he's released, and I certainly recommend it to other Tacoma owners

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Lol thanks brother. Yes I did see, that was super cool that they shared it! I love the shell and it's been an excellent addition to my truck for sure. My primary use for it started out because I keep my dogs in the bed and don't trust them to not jump out. So they stick their heads out the window and enjoy themselves, but the longer I've had the shell I've discovered just how useful and beneficial it's been to have it.

I really do love the OVT. It's hands down the best thing I've done for my truck. Drivability is greatly improved, little quirks and even the more dangerous aspects of the OEM tune are corrected, as well as the application of power and added power (depending on if you run the 87 or 91 octane maps). Others may disagree, they may say that it doesn't do much for them, but nearly every time that's due to their having other mods such as heavy tires and armor. The base tune that is just about finished with development is best intended for vehicles that are stock or close to stock. Custom tuning for those who wish it opens up soon and that will help everyone else who still feels like they need more from their tune. Final touches on the base tunes are close to being ironed out, which took awhile because of the incredibly wide degree of variance discovered in how the Tacomas behave. In my opinion, the tune is perfect as it is but it's also been established that my truck is one of the discovered unicorns that doesn't care what map gets flashed lol

In summary, I have nothing but positive things to say about Mat/OV and his maps he's released, and I certainly recommend it to other Tacoma owners
I’m gonna get the tune when funding allows. Everyone always talks about it like this.

mZiggy

= IV • Gold
T3G O.G.
First Name
Marc
Military
Army
T3G Member
I’m gonna get the tune when funding allows. Everyone always talks about it like this.
Some people aren't satisfied with it at the moment, but that's still due to the difficulty in satisfying every single person when we all have different opinions about how the truck should behave and whatnot, which is why the soon-to-come custom tuning will be a huge benefit to everyone. And on top of that, that custom tuning service along with all maps, past or future ones, you get for free when you purchase, which is pretty cool.

shellshock

= II • Bronze
T3G O.G.
T3G Member
Hello all, I have a cement '17 Pro 6MT and I'm in El Paso, TX.

Current modifications/additions:
- OV tuned
- A.R.E. Overland shell w/ various add ons
- Cali Raised rear bed molle storage panel
- husky front and rear floor mats
- AVS in-channel window visors
- 30" ijdmtoy light bar behind the bumper with 6" Rigid Industries amber covers on each end
- Cali Raised low profile ditch light brackets w/ Extreme LED stackerz light pods
- 3D printed mount for the light bar and pod lights buttons
- 55w Morimoto 6k HIDs
- amber Raptor grille lights
- various recovery gear (tow strap, shackle, soft shackle, independent jumper cables [use a battery pack to jump rather than another car battery], various tools, air down tools, air compressor) - in bags on the molle bed panel
- OEM bed mat
- removed oem predator steps

*On Order/In transit for Delivery:
- Avid Offroad rock sliders

*Wish List:
- Prinsu Toprac for above the bed shell
- rotopax
- maxtrax or treds
- Fallen Wildpeak AT3W's or Goodyear Duratracs, haven't decided
- rear diff skid plate

Go at3w. They are fantastic. I have zero complaints about mine

Top Bottom