• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Cosmetic My First Taco

Huck89

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Magnetic Gray
I know this site is for 3rd Gen Tacos but I wanted to post a picture of my first rig that I had prior to getting my 3rd Gen. She will be missed.

Attachments

• 058A0C38-FFBA-4C6A-89DE-90F59255E1EF.jpeg
    058A0C38-FFBA-4C6A-89DE-90F59255E1EF.jpeg
    268.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 5BFD3566-AC5F-44C0-85DF-3353CBDD07C5.jpeg
    5BFD3566-AC5F-44C0-85DF-3353CBDD07C5.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 53
Yeeesh. Looks rad—I love a cleanly built first gen. One day would love to get my hands on one when time, space, and funds allow.

Yeeesh. Looks rad—I love a cleanly built first gen. One day would love to get my hands on one when time, space, and funds allow.
I absolutely loved that truck. I got rid of it with about 230K miles on it and still had zero issues with it. I would’ve kept it longer but the wife gave me the OK to get some thing new since we didn’t have any car payments so that’s how I ended up with a 3rd Gen. Funny story though just about a month after I got rid of it and got the new truck we got into a wreck in her car and it got totaled. So we went from no car payments to two car payments haha.

Aw man, it’s crazy how things turn out. Glad y’all made it out of that unscathed. 230k that’s not too shabby in the least. Hopefully I’ll get lucky and find one that the original owner kept garaged and get to start from near scratch. Either way can’t beat the longevity in these trucks

Aw man, it’s crazy how things turn out. Glad y’all made it out of that unscathed. 230k that’s not too shabby in the least. Hopefully I’ll get lucky and find one that the original owner kept garaged and get to start from near scratch. Either way can’t beat the longevity in these trucks
Minimal damage, just a broken thumb LOL. But it worked out in my favor I talked her into getting a forerunner. I actually wouldn’t mind having another 1st Gen, there was so many things you could do to them. And I like the fiberglass bed sides that you could put on them because it had the trophy truck style and I thought that was really cool. They also had the 7th injector kit which is pretty bad ass. And like you said it’s always nice to start from scratch, you can do everything absolutely the way you want. And the longevity like you said it’s just insane these things will go forever as long as you do routine maintenance on them. Also the resale value is crazy. Like I mentioned mine had 230K and I still sold it for 10.5K, granted it did have a lot of aftermarket stuff but still, Tacos hood value really well. I just wish they made them a little more powerful, there are obviously things you can do to add power but I just wish I had a little more ass behind them initially.

Ok *almost unscathed Jaja. You’ve got the makings of a Toyota fleet! So I’ve heard of the 7th injector but I don’t think I fully understand what it does. Is it adding fuel to the air before it hits the cylinders? Do you need forced induction to use it?

A lot of people say wait is just too plain and bland but I’ve always loved the white on black look.
White is just so clean, and looks dirty when it's clean somehow. I was going to do MGM originally to match my tC but then my boss went and bought a MGM Taco while I was saving for mine and I couldn't copy.. so white it was lol.

White is just so clean, and looks dirty when it's clean somehow. I was going to do MGM originally to match my tC but then my boss went and bought a MGM Taco while I was saving for mine and I couldn't copy.. so white it was lol.
Have you ever thought about doing a white wrap? There’s several white variations such as:: Satin, Matte, Gloss, Pearl, Ghost, Vanilla and then like 8 Different combinations of all of those it’s insane.

Have you ever thought about doing a white wrap? There’s several white variations such as:: Satin, Matte, Gloss, Pearl, Ghost, Vanilla and then like 8 Different combinations of all of those it’s insane.
No lol. I like super white and I'm not a big fan of wraps.

Back