• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Running Boards / Mud Flaps Mud flap recommendations

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I never thought I'd ask this, but do you guys have any mud flap recommendations? Paige and I were thinking it might be curious to put on some on the truck while we're living on the road since the tires are pretty big and the rear bumper sits pretty high. I'm looking to get some bendy boys so they don't break.

I have a set of RokBlokz XL's that need a home. ;)
Are they black? Are the holes fine?

It just occurred to me that I’d probably need to find a creative way to mount them since my fender is all cut up. But I’m sure it could be done.

Looking at my truck, there’s no way they would fit with the 37s. I’d have to mount them to the rear bumper a little further back than the fender itself. I still think it can be done though.

25CE339F-99E4-4AB5-809B-CC8AC9F59D69.jpeg

Looking at my truck, there’s no way they would fit with the 37s. I’d have to mount them to the rear bumper a little further back than the fender itself. I still think it can be done though.

25CE339F-99E4-4AB5-809B-CC8AC9F59D69.jpeg
You could get some 1/8" HDPE and cut out your own mud flaps. Weld some mounting tabs on the bottom of the bumper and boom! Done! lol

Are they black? Are the holes fine?

It just occurred to me that I’d probably need to find a creative way to mount them since my fender is all cut up. But I’m sure it could be done.
Yes and yes. I used a tapcon to relocate the little bracket at the bottom.

Yes and yes. I used a tapcon to relocate the little bracket at the bottom.
You can post here or message me a price if you want. I’m not 100% certain I want to put the effort into it but I’m definitely intrigued by the idea.

And you have red! We were curious about red but didn’t really see any good pictures.
Yeah, matches the theme. I actually had to be on a waiting list to get that color.

Back