• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Mounting a Pro Eagle jack

mgmyota

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Trying to figure out the best way to mount the 2 ton pro eagle I just got. I have the mount. Was thinking of slapping it next to my spare tire in the front of the bed. Just worried about the weight of it possibly over stressing the rail/bed. Anybody have ideas or pics on how they mounted theirs? Would like to keep it out out the elements as well.

I would throw it on the passenger side. Try and balance out the usual 1 driver / gas tank weight. It's 60 lbs. Tank of gas is 120lbs+. I wouldn't stress about that kind of weight.

+1 to Bonifacio.

Post up if you come up with an interesting mount for this. I am looking at adding one in the future.

This is the current situation in my bed. Spare is on the passenger side. The softopper almost makes it impossible to utilize the side bed rails which is annoying. When I eventually get a rear bumper the spare will be mounted on that. I did find this simple idea on a tundra forum. I’ll attach the pics. I have to still test fit the mount in the bed to see where it actually sits in relation to the mounting holes. I painted the mount yesterday so hopefully the paints dry today. Not sure why black Powdercoat isn’t an option with these expensive ass mounts

AF782B83-8A36-46FF-9BA6-E1574E21F64B.jpeg

98537FB1-5895-49E5-854D-9A79B9980860.png

2D93C3E4-2A92-46F5-A1EC-681A5B6FD1F1.png

D3ABA1F4-7811-4101-90B0-AEDA4A1DDD0E.jpeg

That looks pretty sweet. I was thinking of something to keep the jack flat but that could definitely work.

Took a few pics of test fitting the bracket in different places today. It’s honestly bigger than I thought lol. The holes don’t match with the rail when it’s vertical but I could probably build some very basic brackets to hold it down. I do kind of like the side mount idea more though. The softopper just makes it a bit difficult

8BC8551A-8B7D-48B7-B6F9-2FB87DFBB196.jpeg

BE342D0C-82A7-445B-9211-BA5EC18FF1E2.jpeg

B06BD776-447C-4EBF-B0D2-DC5AF8B6F3D1.jpeg

Took a few pics of test fitting the bracket in different places today. It’s honestly bigger than I thought lol. The holes don’t match with the rail when it’s vertical but I could probably build some very basic brackets to hold it down. I do kind of like the side mount idea more though. The softopper just makes it a bit difficult

8BC8551A-8B7D-48B7-B6F9-2FB87DFBB196.jpeg

BE342D0C-82A7-445B-9211-BA5EC18FF1E2.jpeg

B06BD776-447C-4EBF-B0D2-DC5AF8B6F3D1.jpeg
Great ideas on your setup there. My friend would be interested to see this. He'll mod his new Tacoma after installing the new tires from 4Wheelonline this week.

I ordered the Talon (Pro Eagle) Jack it should be here soon.
I ordered the 15" extension as it came with the 8" so I could lift where-when-what.

Not sure on the mount like you guys are working with,... I did not order it,....might just make one custom for the Tacoma.
Looks like you have to custom a bracket anyway to get it in a good spot.
What place did you guys finally decide AND how?

Well the Eagle has arrived and works well.
Asked about them having jack stands as it just makes sense for them to offer them in a package. (like everyone else does)

But they said "stand by we're working on that",..... well it is a jack that becomes the stand.
Could be handy.
Now available to fit your existing Pro Eagle,....
1694545467235.png

I ordered the Talon (Pro Eagle) Jack it should be here soon.
I ordered the 15" extension as it came with the 8" so I could lift where-when-what.

Not sure on the mount like you guys are working with,... I did not order it,....might just make one custom for the Tacoma.
Looks like you have to custom a bracket anyway to get it in a good spot.
What place did you guys finally decide AND how?
Didn't see this till now. Currently the jack is sitting in the bed next to my spare tire. I've seen some people use the existing bed mounting bolts to mount the jack mount to the bed. I may go this route now to keep weight off the bed rails. These jacks aren't light lol. I have to still mock it up but I would probably try to mount it with the bed bolt closest to the tailgate on the passenger side if that makes sense. May need to do some custom stuff but we'll see.

Well the Eagle has arrived and works well.
Asked about them having jack stands as it just makes sense for them to offer them in a package. (like everyone else does)

But they said "stand by we're working on that",..... well it is a jack that becomes the stand.
Could be handy.
Now available to fit your existing Pro Eagle,....
1694545467235.png
I've seen an identical product before. Seems like a solid addition to have for safety. Especially when on the trail where you probably won't have jack stands.

What did you decide on?
Received the "Jack Lock" and will use it to hold the truck up till it needs to come down.
It basically is a stand at that point.

The lock adjustment button is spring loaded,...
Place the "lock" in the jack push the button "Wham,.. like a swicth blade" the lock extends, and you keep pumping till the lock pins in.
It holds itself in place with spring pressure till it "pins". Then you put in the safety pin. Cool idea really. No hands needed.
Source: https://youtu.be/v4ZoIsZUSrk

Received the "Jack Lock" and will use it to hold the truck up till it needs to come down.
It basically is a stand at that point.

The lock adjustment button is spring loaded,...
Place the "lock" in the jack push the button "Wham,.. like a swicth blade" the lock extends, and you keep pumping till the lock pins in.
It holds itself in place with spring pressure till it "pins". Then you put in the safety pin. Cool idea really. No hands needed.
Source: https://youtu.be/v4ZoIsZUSrk
I meant for mounting location. :)

I meant for mounting location. :)
I don't think I am going to "mount" it.
I have found putting it in a canvas duffle bag works well and it can be strapped down anywhere.
It can even go in the rear floorboard if the bed is full of other stuff or hauling things.
It needs to be ready when needed and not in the way and be an obstacle.

Back