• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Mounting a Plano Gun Case to My Roof Rack

Nice! How much she clear the garage door by?

Nice! How much she clear the garage door by?
Lol soooo for some reason I completely forgot about the garage while doing it. Installed it inside the garage too.

Basically clears with like 1/2”. It hits the flap/seal of the garage door on the way in, but not the garage itself. Noticed a few days ago 😂

Oh snap! Looks like a lift will also require a contractor lol

Oh snap! Looks like a lift will also require a contractor lol
Depends on the lift. I'm pretty sure KnightT4CO has a lift on his truck.

I'll be doing this next weekend. How well does everything stay in place in there? I'm sure your wrenches make it sound like Christmas up there. lol

Depends on the lift. I'm pretty sure KnightT4CO has a lift on his truck.

I'll be doing this next weekend. How well does everything stay in place in there? I'm sure your wrenches make it sound like Christmas up there. lol
Yeah I have about 2" lift lol but he's right I can't go any higher until I move or my truck won't fit in the garage.

Honestly it stays in place perfectly. I didn't really even think about the wrenches making noise haha
There's foam in both the bottom and top of the case and it's a pretty tight fit so the top foam is holding everything in place.

I've been using a Case Cruzer rifle case on my 4Runner for a while. It's handy and doesn't hurt mileage. It's nice that regular carriage bolts work with that rack.

-M

I
I've been using a Case Cruzer rifle case on my 4Runner for a while. It's handy and doesn't hurt mileage. It's nice that regular carriage bolts work with that rack.

-M
I agree. The t-head bolts can be pretty pricey. Carriage bolts are like $0.25 a piece!

Back