• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Moderator application responses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
This thread will have the responses people have given me for the moderator application. I think there were like 6 or 7 people total.

Questions I asked:
Where can you fit T3G into your schedule? For example, I am able to be online almost all day by frequently checking the forum on my phone when I have downtime throughout the day. I don't expect you to be online as much as me by any means, but what is your online time looking like?

Are you willing to post more often than you currently do? One of the big duties of a moderator is promoting activity and creating discussion. Often times I ask questions to the members to get them to post again and open up a little. I also try to provide as much advice as I can.

Are you willing to advertise the forum? Again, bringing in more activity here. Sharing the site around to friends you may have on Instagram, Facebook, etc. This isn't something you'd be doing constantly, but the occasional share/story/whatever is helpful.

What does your experience with DIY truck stuff and off-roading look like? As I mentioned, I am not requiring significant experience. This is just so I can know where you stand and maybe get you up to speed.

Why do you want to be a moderator? What is it about Tacoma3G.com that you like? As a member of the staff, you'd also gain access to our hidden staff forum and we would welcome you to express your own ideas on how the site could be better. Do you have any ideas like that currently?

Lastly, please understand that if you don't become a moderator at this time, it is not because you weren't good enough. I had more people message me than I expected and I'm really only looking for around 3 at this time. When positions open up again, you will be considered. Are you okay with that?

@Nick BBP
Well Mister Boss, I have a job where I sit on my phone all day and play computer games all night at work, I’ll be zooming around the forum making some comments asking them there questions, I got an instagram but I’m sure like 80% of my Tacoma followers are on here but I can throw some t3g text in there, so far all of my build has been done with me and the buddies in my driveway or their garage and the goal is to camp in every single state (off-road camping, 3 down), and I was one of those first few trucks posted on the Instagram gotta stay loyal to the lads. Only idea I got now is adding photos to the signature like tacomaworld has where they are somewhat small but an attention grabber at the end of your post for maybe your build threads

@TOsoYOTA
Tyler,

I appreciate the time you've taken to get back to me...even if it was a copy and paste!! (I am not serious all the time as well) and do consider myself professional when the time permits.

Anyways, to answer questions,

I am currently a foreman for an electrical company in Colorado, and with that i have become dedicated to being the best at my job and continuously learning and growing in my field. With that being said, I leave my work where it belongs, at work. i manage my time well to eliminate headache where headache isn't due. So with that, I have time during breaks and lunches, as well as the time when i clock out. I would be willing and able to devote as much time as I felt you need me, as well as time a felt was needed to accomplish tasks and help members of the forum; along with coordination within the team. To me, a volunteer position is just as much a job as a paid one is and with that, just as much commitment.

Social media.....a blessing and burden. I am very active on social media, and although i don't post much because i don't really have the content to post or a community in my hands that I feel I am responsible to promote and help; i would be more than eager to post more and to kill to birds with one stone.....i would be willing to promote the site as well. I have already contacted Malcolm, to see if i would promote the site on my instagram, but would definitely be willing to do it more. I feel it is very important, knowing most all of you are from the west coast, to promote nationwide as much as possible and build a bigger community not just here in colorado, but other states as well. I know what it is like to grow up with friends and building lasting friendships and a community centered around a passion like this only reinforces that ideal.

DIY: There isn't much experience here, i have little knowledge to different brands and capabilities but I am slowly learning because i have close friends who work in the auto industry and are outdoorsy like me. During the spring, summer, and fall we tend to spend more time outdoors on moderate to easy trails. I have began diving more in to DIY because for one, i don't have the income to take it to a shop to get work done, and two, id rather spend the money and time doing it myself to learn and gain experience. Now I'm only starting on the DIY but i feel more comfortable with the electrical portion because i am an electrician, but still i am unfamiliar with brands and companies as well as capabilities of products because i really have only touched the tip the iceberg.

I stumbled upon TG3 when i made a new instagram when i decided it was time to pursue my tacoma build. I started diving into the site more and more and really begun exploring all the different things available at my fingertips. Not to use the same phrase again but its only the tip of the iceberg. Before, i really explored the internet and would ask google my question and be guided to many different forums in search for an answer. Here, well..... its all in one location. To me, being a beginner, in the beginning of me discovering the forum; i remember seeing either Tyler or Malcolm, posting a thread the read (don't quote me) "Beginners welcome, ask a question, get a serious answer, no dumb questions here" and it was so welcoming and i genuinely felt like i could ask ANY question and not feel like i was going to be judged or be labeled as such a "rookie". I would like to be a moderator for THAT exact reason; to gain the knowledge and pass it on to people like me to where they don't feel judged behind a screen. I would like that responsibility to build different communities outside of the west coast and to do that, a moderator is taken more seriously in my eyes in having the capability to do just that.

I really appreciate your time in taking to read this. I do understand that spots are limited and only the team knows best in what your looking for, and if its me, i look forward to being on the team; and if not then i can't wait to see how TG3 keeping evolving because i will be here the whole way and continuing to learn and grow with the forum.

Thanks again,
Eddie

@Jfrisch01
1. I regularly check the forum throughout my day already, so typically no less than 2 hours total a day am I usually on the site. Obviously, as a mod I would make a point to be on more, engaging with the members.

2. Yes. I am currently starting to build my truck, which will result in more posting on the forum than I already do. I look to see new members daily to introduce them into tacoma3g, make sure they all feel welcomed.

3. I am working with a few buddies to setup a regular taco meet in my area, promoting the tacoma3g forum would be no sweat. I have become more and more active on my Instagram and Facebook groups due to the building of the truck. Live videos, build videos will be coming once parts come in. I already let other taco owners near me know about the site in hopes to directing them somewhere to get familiarized with their trucks.

4. I started with Jeeps, have had a few (8+) Wranglers and Cherokees. I have done everything from lifts, engine, trans, to basic maintenance. Was in the military as a 91B, wheeled vehicle mechanic. I am usually the go to guy in the family for car repairs. I have been off-roading since I was in high school.

5. It would be a new experience to be honest. I normally wouldn’t offer in any other group but tacoma3g is like one big family. Everyone is down to earth, willing to help you. I haven’t seen anyone getting made fun of people of something they did to their truck that someone else didn’t like. That right there makes you proud to be in a group like this. I run a construction company so being professional is one of my biggest priorities.

6. Of course! Like I said before, if I do not get chosen to be a moderator no big deal. I just want the group to continue running the way that it does now. The site is very user friendly, I don’t have any thing right now that I would change.

Let me know if you guys have any more questions.

Thanks for the opportunity!

@Bankruptaco
Where can you fit T3G into your schedule?

I’m a night shift cop and have a decent amount of down time. I’m available to check often even during the day before sleep time.

Are you willing to post more often than you currently do?

Absolutely, the more I can post, the better it would be for the community and I. I’d also like to get meets set up within the region of where I reside. i.e. toy drives, charity rides, fundraisers, coffee and tacos, tacos vs. jeep meets. Checking with the County area I patrol, should make it easier to reach out to places to use their spots. I would say a perk of being an officer. ?

Are you willing to advertise the forum?

Currently on Instagram and working on building the Tacoma page and would definitely advertise T3G to all friends and followers.

What does your experience with DIY truck stuff and off-roading look like?

I’m no expert in the gear head world but have a decent knowledge of DIY and mechanical stuff. I’ve been around vehicles for quite some time.

Why do you want to be a moderator? What is it about Tacoma3G.com that you like? Do you have any ideas like that currently?

Being a moderator means being involved. Being a helper when possible and within the realm of your knowledge. Bullying is a no-no and I believe in being a leader means you’re willing to be first though the door and the last one out. Even when fellow members have mishaps in life, reaching out through the community is a great way to get everyone involved in helping out one another. Which could lead back to the organizing of events for any means that show support and togetherness.

Lastly, please understand that if you don't become a moderator at this time, it is not because you weren't good enough. I had more people message me than I expected and I'm really only looking for around 3 at this time. When positions open up again, you will be considered. Are you okay with that? I ABSOLUTELY AM OK WITH IT.

IM JUST HERE TO SPREAD GOOD VIBES AND POSITIVITY. HELPING ONE ANOTHER IN WHAT WE SHARE IN COMMON.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

@JerryTaco2.0
Hey Tyler, great to hear from you brother!! I am totally happy to help out. I love this community and am always happy to contribute however I can. So, having said that, I will gladly answer your questions;

I sit in front of multiple monitors all day every day, so I am constantly online. That said, keeping a screen up and checking on T3G regularly isn't a problem at all. There are days when I am out of the office in meetings, but I am still online and can check in as time permits.

Oh I am happy to post more to try and engage conversation and certainly offer up advice. As most who know me will tell you, I am usually the first to offer up help to anyone needing it.

As I'm sure you know, especially when I first joined, I was and am happy to cross promote anytime I can. I want to see this community thrive and continue to grow. As such, more than happy to continue to spread the word both online and at events.

My experience with DIY and off-roading is vast. I have done 90% of the work to my own truck and built dozens of others for friends and fellow forum members. Additionally, I used to be a professional mechanic for Bentley, Lamborghini and Ferrari. To add to that, I grew up building rock crawlers and running them on the Rubicon and many other Northern California trails regularly. I then moved onto desert racing and of course the whole concept of "overlanding" which to me is still off-roading but more so doing it in a self contained way, camping and supporting yourself through a longer trek.

What I love about this forum is the lack of bureaucracy and the fact that people can openly discuss things without the fear of pissing off a moderator and getting banned because of it. What I want to be, as a moderator, is a knowledgable resource for the community at large, to help guide members in a useful direction when considering mods of all budget ranges, while pushing to further engage conversation and open dialogue on the forum. What I would like to see as a community, is for there to be regional events/meetings much like what you guys are doing in socal. Organize group runs, camping trips etc. More technical talk and even monthly featured vendors where we perhaps interview vendors, do shop walk throughs with photos and perhaps getting back to product give aways or even product spot lights. As much as this forum is about it's members, I think we need to equally engage vendors as well. After all, if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have parts to build out trucks with.

Hey man, no hard feelings if not chosen. I will still be a resource for the community and as such, will always be open to future possibilities.

Cheers.

Jerry.

@solscooter @Tacocamper @Romp-A-Taco haven't replied to me yet.

Right now I'm looking at @Nick BBP and @JerryTaco2.0 as picks.

Last edited:
Man everyone was so much more professional then me :LOL: I would've picked jerry as a #1 as well he's everywhere I look!

Welcome dude. Glad to have you aboard. Glad to have all of you aboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back