• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

MMoreno16's 2018 Tree Hugging Hipster Cupcake Build, Adventures and BS

MMoreno16

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
As she sits (9/5/18)
IMG_7473.jpg

Current Mods
Suspension

• Fox 2.5 DSC w/14" 700lb Eibach Springs
  • Camburg Uniball UCAs
  • Fox 2.5 DSC Rear Tundra Shocks
  • Deaver u402 Leaf Springs
Wheels and Tires

• Method Grids 17" 0 offset
  • Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/17
Armor

• SDHQ Built Rock Sliders
  • SDHQ ABS Guards
  • CBI Off-Road Front Skid Plate
  • CBI Off-Road Rear Skid Plate
Lighting

• Baja Designs Squadron Pro Driving/Combo Ditches (SDHQ A-Pillar Mounts)
  • Baja Designs Squadron Sport Amber Fogs
  • Baja Designs Squadron Sport Chase Light (SDHQ Chase Light Mount)
  • Baja Designs OnX6 Hi-Power 30" Light Bar (SDHQ Behind The Grille Mount)
  • Meso V4 Turn Signals
Recovery

• MaxTrax FJ Red Traction Boards
  • Factor55 Hitchlink
Misc.

• TRD Pro Grille
  • Prinsu Cabrac
  • Plano 42" Case
  • CBI Off-Road Low Profile Bed Bars
  • Yakima Skyrise 3 RTT
  • SwitchPros SP-9100
  • 5% tint all around
  • CMC
  • SR5 Bezels

Last edited:
This post is dedicated to my first Tacoma which I totaled 5-18-18.

Photo Drop
IMG_7315.jpg

IMG_7431.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

CE236E11-54FA-4461-A474-AA06066A5881.jpg

245D4B18-BC77-4635-932F-92A9F500E52C.jpg

2C7C68E6-0A90-4D38-B61D-185AD2101030.jpg

4F2782CC-533C-485F-B0A8-BB0C6DD620B3.jpg

The Beginning
It all started because I am very spontaneous and compulsive! One day in mid 2017 I seen a Cement Pro driving down the street and feel in love. I was driving my current DD at the time.... 2015 Toyota Prius (don't judge me, I drive a lot), when I seen that lovely truck then the search began. I owned a FJ Cruiser in the past and had to trade it in because I couldn't afford gas and my long commute at the time. The Tacoma reminded me of all the fun times I had with my FJ (mods, camping trips and off road adventures), so that's when I found this place and the "want" quickly became the "need". So on February 17th 2018 the next project began! 2018 TRD OR DCSB w/ Tech Package
IMG_6805.jpg

I cant even express the excitement I was feeling in this pic.

IMG_6813.jpg

I had actually purchased the grille before the truck, so as soon as I got home the electric shaver came off.

IMG_6881.jpg

I plasti-dipped the Tacoma badge (later removed) and removed the V6 badge. First weekend with her I took the kids out to look for some snow.

IMG_6922A.jpg

We found some! That was fun..... the addiction is growing strong!

IMG_7053.jpg

Then came the suspension.... what an upgrade that was!

IMG_E7034.jpg

Skipped leg day for a few days!

IMG_7067.jpg

OK.... now we're talkin'!

IMG_6966.jpg

Much different ride now.... that was a fun day out with my kids. They love our off road adventures.

IMG_E7157.jpg

Took a few hours off of work to go visit Demello and get my Hybrid sliders installed.

The Accident
So me and two buddies were heading up to big bear for a camping/fishing trip on Friday 5-18-18. We took Crab Flats Rd. about 7 miles when I turned a corner and hit a tree. The tree was on a downhill slope section of the road, once I turned the corner I started to slide to the right and could not regain traction or get out of the way of the tree. There are quite a few things that factor into it, like the truck being fully loaded with gear, equipment and three men. I had the truck in 2WD (I know, I should have been in 4WD). The 3 of us were able to walk away from this accident with minor cuts and bruises. My right leg took the most damage and is still a bit sore and bruised.
B616DA70-7E6A-4CA6-8EED-DB4BD9C39B9B.jpg

My truck stayed up on Rim of the World in a tow yard. The following Monday they were going to bring it down and then decided it should be inspected up there after talking with the employees at the tow yard. So Tuesday they then decided that it worse than they originally thought after seeing pictures and they are going to tow it down to a total loss yard. Wednesday comes and they tell me that the truck is scheduled to be towed on that day and will be inspected Thursday. At this point I’m pretty fed up because I’m not sure what my next move is. The truck hasn’t been inspected yet. Thursday comes and goes and my adjuster says he can’t get ahold of the inspector. On Friday I decided to take matters into my own hands... I drive down to the yard in Anaheim and the inspector is there. Says my truck just got there that morning. He had just finished the inspection and it’s a total loss. I didn’t believe it at first until I had the chance to see my truck again for the first time since my accident. It was bad, air bags were all deployed, frame was bent in a few spots....etc.
496DA963-78A7-4042-B80B-358E0462AD55.jpg

So I needed to get all my mods off ASAP. My insurance did not want me to remove the truck from the yard, they wanted me to just let them take care of it. I didn't agree so after a few back and forth calls I got my truck released and towed to my bro in laws in Fullerton (7 miles from the yard).
B92CE06B-4C2B-44BF-810B-E84B0F572B80.jpg

Saturday morning the mod removal began. I was able to take off my lights, RTT, bed bars and Prinsu all before we headed to Lake Arrowhead Resort for the weekend. When we returned on Monday me and my bro in law finished removing the suspension, wheels, tires and sliders and returned the truck to its stock form.
6890FF6C-22B9-451C-A8E0-3FC4365ADA20.jpg

The total loss department contacted me on Tuesday and on Wednesday (5-30-18) I received my settlement check. It was a hell of week and a half. Huge thanks to @hellppy @JerryTaco2.0 @JaCado for all the support through this. You guys kept my spirits high and I can not thank you guys enough.

Last edited:
Looks clean man, welcome to T3G. High clearance rear bumper or nah?
Thanks Tyler, yes I will eventually get a CBI High Clearance with swing-out. Going to lose my blind spot monitors!

Missed you big boy!

unicorn.gif

Last edited:
As she sits (6/24/18)
View attachment 3431
Current Mods
Suspension

• Fox 2.5 DSC w/14" 700lb Eibach Springs
  • Camburg Uniball UCAs
  • Fox 2.5 DSC Rear Tundra Shocks (On Order)
  • Deaver u402 Leaf Springs
Wheels and Tires

• Method Grids 17" 0 offset
  • Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/17
Armor

• SDHQ Built Rock Sliders
  • SDHQ ABS Guards
Lighting

• Baja Designs Squadron Pro Driving/Combo Ditches (SDHQ A-Pillar Mounts)
  • Baja Designs Squadron Sport Amber Fogs
  • Baja Designs Squadron Sport Chase Light (SDHQ Chase Light Mount)
  • Baja Designs OnX6 Hi-Power 30" Light Bar (SDHQ Behind The Grille Mount)
Recovery

• MaxTrax FJ Red Traction Boards
  • Factor55 Hitchlink
Misc.

• TRD Pro Grille
  • Prinsu Cabrac
  • Plano 42" Case
  • CBI Off-Road Low Profile Bed Bars
  • Yakima Skyrise 3 RTT
  • SwitchPros SP-9100
  • 5% tint all around
  • CMC
Noice dude! Finally getting your build thread set up over here!?

Back