• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Milky Way / Astrophotography

AZ_CAVALRY

8️⃣ Paragon
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cavalry Blue
Anyone dabble in night photos with their trucks? Took these while camping through Colorado and Utah last week.
IMGP8220.jpg
IMGP8224.jpg

Photos like these are my favorite to browse through. I wish I had the skill (or drive) to learn how to do it. But I’ll leave it to you guys and just repost them on the Instagram. ;)

Hoping to buy a mirrorless full frame soon to get into more photography. how do you set up ISO and all that to achieve these?

Hoping to buy a mirrorless full frame soon to get into more photography. how do you set up ISO and all that to achieve these?
lowest ISO possible. I usually do 1600 or 3200. I used a lens that is f2/8 (lower the number the better), and a 30 second exposure. Piece of cake

lowest ISO possible. I usually do 1600 or 3200. I used a lens that is f2/8 (lower the number the better), and a 30 second exposure. Piece of cake
awesome, as soon as i get my hands on a camera ill give this a SHOT. pun completely intended. hopefully soon i can pick up a Sony A7 II

Awesome photos! Need to dust off the old camera the next time I go out on a trip.

This is definitely inspiring me to tho!

awesome, as soon as i get my hands on a camera ill give this a SHOT. pun completely intended. hopefully soon i can pick up a Sony A7 II
I'm saving up for the A7riii. Something about the way the photos look

Late on this thread but great shots!! I do photography in the side and the primary reason for my taco was to get to better places to shoot.

Late on this thread but great shots!! I do photography in the side and the primary reason for my taco was to get to better places to shoot.
Yep! Same here! Never buying a car again.

I always want to take these kind of shots, but my wife is the one who's good with the camera. I might have to give it a go next time we're out.

im like chomping at the bit to get my camera to really step up my content but i have to wait till i sell this computer i have... idk why no one will buy it

im like chomping at the bit to get my camera to really step up my content but i have to wait till i sell this computer i have... idk why no one will buy it

I was shooting on the Sony A6500 which was great but just bought the A7III full frame. It's awesome!! Hope you sell that thing soon.

0ADF7ADA-66E8-4AA6-8F93-BEF828EFFA10.jpeg

This was shot on an A6500 when I was in DC for work. Great camera to start with.

Back