• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Mid Size vs Full Size

StormRnr

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Good morning!

I shoot and edit videos for the Driving Line Channel on YouTube with my friend Harry who wrote for 4Wheeler for years and does a bunch of journalism and photography in the off road world. This month we did a comparison of my fast and light Tacoma build and his slow and heavy 1-ton Ram build. It was published yesterday.

Original link: https://youtu.be/iaypAB6RYwk

There's a bunch of good footage of my Tacoma from some videos that I've yet to publish myself. We didn't discuss the Randy Ellis Sliders I installed after we shot this. They are pretty cool and I'll have more info on those on my build thread later.

The deal for me is that I really like the smaller truck. We end up going places to camp and explore where a fun size truck just wouldn't be able to get to. We once went up this crazy mine road where the Tacoma wouldn't have gotten under a log if it had a roof rack on it. There may be more affordable and better performing midsize trucks, but the aftermarket support for the Tacoma is so good that it makes it pretty easy to get a stock truck where you want it mechanically.

I'm also just not a fan of campers in general. They're cheaply made, small can cramped and I don't like cooking, eating, shitting and sleeping in the same space. The only time I want a camper is in winter.

Anyway, the Tacoma works for me, as I'm sure you all will appreciate.

Back