• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Michelin Uptis tires- air less

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Michelin has a NO flat - Airless tires…Call. Uptis tires. Unique Puncture-proof Tire Systems….
I have seen those on ATV’S. ….
Maybe we may see them for 4x4 ‘s ? …down side, no way to deflat tires or lower pressure…but maybe they may find a way?
Aloha

They're dodgy about the price. Unless it can compete with conventional tires for longevity and price I don't see it making much inroads into the market

I think I read some where this tire maybe able to get retreads? ..Not sure if you remember when retreads was common ..1960’s …retreading was cheaper to buy…

ATV’S …Some find them a great attraction…because not many people carry ATV’S spare tires…lol
The future will bring more innovation’s …
Uptis….is a step in the right direction…for people who worry about flat tires, blowouts, , possible military applications, even bicycles ( I seen a picture of one )…
For off roading…if they can find a way…to deflate these Uptis tires? Who knows…the possibilities…
——
Did you know a guy invented at tire that can last over 100,000 miles? Another tire company brought them out…We will never see any future super high mileage tires…
It is all about the money …I once had a wind shield wiper…that was offer as a lifetime wiper…it last over 12 years… the parts holding the wiper blade fell apart…but the wiper blades..look like new…this company went out of business…
If they still made them? ..I would buy one for every vehicle I own…I like them!

As for the future of flat-less tires…I am sure we will see more of them…
Aloha

Back