• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

MESO Customs Pocket Switch Panel AKA Altoids Storage Delete

StormRnr

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
I was looking for some hands on video of this product and didn't find any, so I got video of a friend installing one. For 3d Printed plastic, it seems nice enough. Easy Install. Looks factory. I'll be getting one as soon as I figure another place to put my altoids. Maybe some kind of molie panel or something...

Anyway, don't usually do videos like this, but it was easy enough and hadn't already been done. Let me know if you have questions. And if you can help me figure out what string and bolts I need for the new cross bow.

Cheers,

-M

Loved the video! Really well done!

I dont know why they dont make that an option from factory to just install switch blanks in there...I put that same switch panel in like week 2 I had the truck :p

Playful plug since I know you mentioned molle panels, but I make some pretty sweet molle panels for our trucks for both the center console and the front door! Hit me up if you want some

IMG-9041.jpg

Loved the video! Really well done!

I dont know why they dont make that an option from factory to just install switch blanks in there...I put that same switch panel in like week 2 I had the truck :p

Playful plug since I know you mentioned molle panels, but I make some pretty sweet molle panels for our trucks for both the center console and the front door! Hit me up if you want some

IMG-9041.jpg
Thanks for checking out the video! Those look cool. I'm not sure I see the utility of Molie. It's something I'd like to try out if it doesn't involve drilling into things. That would be a handly place to have a little storage pouch though. I'll see if the other Mike H will get some and be my guinea pig again.

Honestly, I like VelCro more than Mollie. Blue Ridge Overland Gear makes some nice velcro pouches that go with their bags, but I use them stand alone to stick to carpet or velcro tape. Something like your Molie Panel with VelCro I'd get in a second. I suppose I could put sticky velcro on it. I just haven't come up with a reliable way to attach it. I think a large sheet with adhesive and rivets would be good. BROG stitches it to a plastic backing. I should experiment...

-M

Thanks for checking out the video! Those look cool. I'm not sure I see the utility of Molie. It's something I'd like to try out if it doesn't involve drilling into things. That would be a handly place to have a little storage pouch though. I'll see if the other Mike H will get some and be my guinea pig again.

Honestly, I like VelCro more than Mollie. Blue Ridge Overland Gear makes some nice velcro pouches that go with their bags, but I use them stand alone to stick to carpet or velcro tape. Something like your Molie Panel with VelCro I'd get in a second. I suppose I could put sticky velcro on it. I just haven't come up with a reliable way to attach it. I think a large sheet with adhesive and rivets would be good. BROG stitches it to a plastic backing. I should experiment...

-M
BROG makes the best pouches and soft good gear on the market! Ive got a bunch of his products and theyre all amazing!

Back