• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Meso Customs Flip Fob

saboltoothtiger

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
On this episode of "Impulse buys and things I don't need" is the Meso Customs Flip Fob in white. I have been waiting for an H-key fob since I got my truck and Meso finally came out with one. As cool as the Tacoma is, its key is nondescript - especially if it is not for keyless entry. I should be saving for mods that actually improve my truck's performance, but...

The flip fob is solidly built and comes well packaged. All of the tools and parts, except the housing, come neatly packed in a tin. Installation is straight forward and there is a video on Meso's site, which explains everything and how to take out the transponder chip. If you plan on getting this fob or any of Meso's other fobs, there's a way easier way to remove the chip. Instead of whittling down the original key housing to pull the chip out like in Meso's video, use a heat gun or some heat source (maybe not an open flame, but it would probably work) to melt the glue around the chip. Once the glue is melted (check often as it melts relatively quickly and you don't want to melt or destroy the chip) use a small flathead screwdriver or sharp tweezers to carefully pry out the chip. It's way easier than using a utility knife and worrying about cutting yourself.

The only thing I can find that I don't like about it is the size. It's rather large. I was hoping to have a smaller key fob with the flip feature, but it's almost the same length as the original key fob. I guess the good thing is that I won't have the key poking me in my pocket anymore.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.29.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.29.52 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.32.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.32.58 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.33.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.33.56 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.34.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.34.23 PM.png