• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tutorial Magnaflow Overland Exhaust released for Tacoma

Hunter399

5️⃣ Platinum
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Hey guys!

I have personally been waiting for the overland series from magnaflow to be released. Having heard and drove the 4Runner version on a friends.

It released yesterday and I placed an order and has already shipped! I plan to install and do a review for ya guys to answer specific questions I have that I am sure you guys have as well.

Product links:

3rd Gen Tacoma:

It’s definitely a lot more than a usual tacoma exhaust. Reasons I am interested is the high clearance and no drone. I also have hit my stock exhaust a few times and need an upgrade lol. I am 100% aware this will not lead to Hp gains or fuel mileage.

Personal reasons why:

I have hearing issues from racing motocross, shooting, and being a pilot all these years as well as tubes in my ears. I have driven in rigs with most of the high clearance exhausts MBRP etc that are significantly cheaper, but my ears cant take it. Haha oddly enough I can’t hear my 5.29 gear whine or km3’s but others can.

Concerns I have:

I have archive garage hammer hangers and the outlet of their exhaust is gonna be pretty damn close. So I am gonna be the experiment.

Will update along the way!
Area of worry:
22BB6EC2-BFD7-4FE4-95AC-A4570C58CC5C.jpeg
FCB80B61-0D15-43A9-BBAA-22F42F2E5436.jpeg

From the pic above you can see how they mitigate the drone and has 3 configurations you can install. I plan to do the quietest

Installed the exhaust! Went well! More info to come.
The exhaust didn’t clear the hammer hangers, so I had to cut about 5” off the straight part and then I also cut and rotated the tip more downward. Then I re welded it together.

After doing that it actually turned out nice. It now is about an inch above the hammer hangers and is more protected as well.
57D911FF-6F6A-4F58-ADBC-15E3D71BC271.jpeg
C484B0C0-A711-4CBA-A67A-889831B5E8D5.jpeg

Hey, I am interested and would like to know if there is any drone in the cabin? Thanks
There is no drone. It’s really nice, it’s quieter than my tires. I was just at an expo where my truck was displayed and another guy had the same exhaust but he set his up without the canister (3rd configuration) like I did and even with his supercharger there was no drone in the cab.

Does it delete that piece that drops under the transmission.

Does it delete that piece that drops under the transmission.
The part that goes left to right that’s typically covered by a skid? It attached mid cab straight back. About two feet forward of the muffler. Here are the pics I have on me.
4000E49F-8B65-42A3-A239-DF44EA0B19E4.jpeg
C220D638-5396-4848-9A7B-B95AD72983A2.jpeg
296E2064-FB03-4EF0-899A-D08AEC43E5D9.jpeg

Back