• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lowering my '23 Tacoma 2WD

raj4851

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
My Tacoma sits as high as a 4WD. I can run smaller tires & wheels but I'm wondering about spring & shock work. All suggestions appreciated!

I would contact a Toyota Tech.
Lowering too much can have the same effect on mechanical components as lifting too much.

There have to be custom coil springs available to swap in. Or maybe a strut from a different application. Or maybe custom springs. Same for the rear. Custom lowering springs.

So you're saying that this will fit a 2023?! Sounds wonderful. Who is this kit made by? I'll try typing in TR2037 & see if I can find it that way. Thanks so much!!

I just checked online. Sure enough, that's the way to go about it. Thanks very much!

I just checked online. Sure enough, that's the way to go about it. Thanks very much!
Seems like SOS Performance is definitely the way to go for lowering.

Also looks like if you pair it with these you can get 3" in the front. Might work. If interested, I would start by getting the SOS then calling these guys and seeing about compatibility.

This one is done pretty well. Has the SOS Kit.

1699308703667.png

1699308714315.png

1699308768744.png

1699308816836.png

Last edited:
That is great news! The TE2037 lowers 2" in the front, not quite enough for me. This kit is more to my liking. The SOS kit you show here is what I want for the front. If I can get the kit for the back it would be great! The truck pictured sits like I want mine to sit. Thanks very much!!

That is great news! The TE2037 lowers 2" in the front, not quite enough for me. This kit is more to my liking. The SOS kit you show here is what I want for the front. If I can get the kit for the back it would be great! The truck pictured sits like I want mine to sit. Thanks very much!!
Just looking at this stuff is making me regret lifting my truck twice now. I should have just stuck to what I knew and lowered the bitch.

lowered looks better than I expected

I can hardly wait!! this being a new truck, I hope lowering doesn't affect the warranty.

I can hardly wait!! this being a new truck, I hope lowering doesn't affect the warranty.
If lowering causes a direct failure and the dealership can prove that, then they can void the warranty coverage on just that specific part of the vehicle.

Lifting can cause driveline vibration and needle bearing failure. So they can prove that vibration correction or premature failure of the needle bearing is not covered.
They may be able to loosely "prove" that even though needle bearings can prematurely fail on stock vehicles.

But if you attempt to install something and short out/fry wiring, they can't void your overall warranty or drivetrain/suspension or anything else.

Look into the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Back