• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Toyota News Looks like the fuel pump recall is expanding

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl

In the U.S., Toyota is adding approximately 1.52 million newly identified vehicles to the safety recall originally announced in January 2020. The total number of vehicles involved in this safety recall is now approximately 3.34 million vehicles. The models and model years that have vehicles included in this recall are certain:

• 2017-2020 Model Year Toyota Tacoma

Looks like mine is up on the new list. I'm glad tho. The stall happened once not long after I bought it. At least it will get fixed now

Thanks! Trip to dealership soon indeed

I’m guessing the wife’s ‘18 Camry is effected. By the time Toyota gets to the recall the lease will be up. Maybe it’s a sign to get a second Taco. 🤔

Great looking out!

I just had my recall done a couple weeks ago 👍👍

Just had the truck in for 10k service. They didn't mention it nor have I heard anything. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Just called the Toyota dealer...approx 3 weeks for replacement fuel pump...to arrive...(Hawaii)...
2+ hours to replace..
Gas tank requirement...1/4 full or less ...guessing lower the fuel tank?
Aloha

Just called the Toyota dealer...approx 3 weeks for replacement fuel pump...to arrive...(Hawaii)...
2+ hours to replace..
Gas tank requirement...1/4 full or less ...guessing lower the fuel tank?
Aloha
That's weird, that was not a requirement for my recall and I actually remember have an almost full tank when I brought mine in.

That's weird, that was not a requirement for my recall and I actually remember have an almost full tank when I brought mine in.
Mine was also near full and they spilled a bit of gas when they did it. Had to give me a warning of gasoline smell.

I was actually going to post just to give this advice.1/4 full seems overkill, but would probably help them out.

Had mine done today with a full tank. No issues,

Just got my Recalled fuel pump done today ,$230.00 for the pump, rest labor ...bill $445.00 ..
No bill! Dealer submits to Toyota Corp..
2 1/2 hours...
Aloha

Got my fuel pump done today and also got the wave millimeter sensor recall done at the same time. My tank was full and they told me that they had to take a little gas out. Was still almost full when I got it back. The letter that I got DID recommend that the fuel tank not be full but it wasn't a requirement. I had just filled it up when I called Saturday, they said that they would have to order the parts but they would be here by today and they were.

I have a 2017 dc SB or never noticed truck stalling ever I'll check my vin again

Back