• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Looking for the right dealer

Darel

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Truck shopping. As it stands now, planning on ordering a TRD Pro. I am cross-shopping against Jeep Gladiators, and have been living on both the Taco and Jeep forums for a couple of months now. One thing I haven't found on the Taco forums is sort of a "dealer database". There seem to be some very large high-volume Jeep dealers who are active on the forums and will continually update their offers / deals on the forums. I see lots of vendors in the vendor forums but not really any for dealers. Since I don't mind a road trip of a few hundred miles to save a few thousand bucks, it could be helpful. Is there anything like this in the Tacoweb? For instance, I can go on the Jeep forums right now and find a dealer in VA and one in NC (both a reasonable drive) offering employee pricing down to 7% below invoice and all I would need to do is email detailed pictures of my trade-in.

Who is out there giving good deals on Tacos right now?

I did search, checked sticky threads on three different forums. Sorry but this seems like something you guys should be rolling your eyes at seeing every day but I'm just not finding it.

Thanks!
Darel

I have never really seen Toyota dealers online. Honestly I think it's because they don't even have to try to get the product to move. While I agree it would be nice to have some more dealer communication, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

The coolest we have to what you're looking for here is the dealerships you trust thread located here.

Hopefully that helps you out. Good luck in your search for the perfect Tacoma!!

Thank you! That helps!
I'm in the same boat as you. A couple of things come to mind. 1. These trucks sell themselves so dealers don't really have to do much to move them unless they are making room for next years model or they need a few numbers to meet volume goals. 2. Looking at the used market for the Gen3's I found that they hold their value so well and they inventory is so low that I'm better off just buying new.

Have you purchased a Taco since your original post? If so where did you buy and what kind of deal did you get?

I'm in the same boat as you. A couple of things come to mind. 1. These trucks sell themselves so dealers don't really have to do much to move them unless they are making room for next years model or they need a few numbers to meet volume goals. 2. Looking at the used market for the Gen3's I found that they hold their value so well and they inventory is so low that I'm better off just buying new.

Have you purchased a Taco since your original post? If so where did you buy and what kind of deal did you get?
Nah. I gave up. I spent 6 months truck shopping, and I was only getting a truck because I need one for work. The thought of dropping $50K on something I'll hate driving made me ill, so I quit. My hand-me-down Silverado will keep running with a little effort at 1/50th the cost of a new Taco or Gladiator, and that's money I can put towards something I might actually enjoy driving.

Nah. I gave up. I spent 6 months truck shopping, and I was only getting a truck because I need one for work. The thought of dropping $50K on something I'll hate driving made me ill, so I quit. My hand-me-down Silverado will keep running with a little effort at 1/50th the cost of a new Taco or Gladiator, and that's money I can put towards something I might actually enjoy driving.
Make sense to me. But you're still on the Taco site. :)

Back