• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Locking all 4 doors with a fob on a 2023 Toyota Tacoma

DaveT

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I am having trouble locking all 4 doors with a fob on my 2023 Toyota Tacoma. Any tips would be appreciated.

Press the button.

Just kidding. How about more details? Locks some doors? Doesn't lock anything? Beeps but doesn't lock?

Too funny! Thanks. I just discovered that after locking the doors with fob I was testing the locking of all 4 doors while outside the truck with fob in my pocket and inserting my hand in the drivers side handle. It was unlocked, did the same on the passenger door side and all 4 doors were unlocked. I got a tip online telling me that is the way it is supposed to work. Locked all 4 doors again and took the fob inside, came back out to test all doors, they were all locked. Yahoo!

Nice. You'll find that washing your vehicle with the fob in your pocket will activate the lock/unlock function with the handles.

Too funny! Thanks. I just discovered that after locking the doors with fob I was testing the locking of all 4 doors while outside the truck with fob in my pocket and inserting my hand in the drivers side handle. It was unlocked, did the same on the passenger door side and all 4 doors were unlocked. I got a tip online telling me that is the way it is supposed to work. Locked all 4 doors again and took the fob inside, came back out to test all doors, they were all locked. Yahoo!
You can also lock the doors by simply touching the 3 little lines on the door handle!

With the fob on your body you inadvertently unlocked the doors. To set desired preference, use the touchscreen and go to, settings / vehicle / door locking preferences.

Back