• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Locker or LSD? whats your prefrence?

Locked Or LSD

• LSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • full send open diff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stormtrooper Yota

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 SR AC Auto
White
Lets just say I'm a sucker for upgrades and research, I like going places too but I can only go so far because I'm 2wd FREAK. Have you ever heard the term "when in doubt, throttle out" well I use that term excessively.:cool: What do you guys think, lock er up, or get a better functioning LSD that not powered by the rear drum brakes?

Let Go Places:LOL:

I like the full send, open diff option. However, go with the locker. They do work. Even in a 4x4 truck, it’s not really 4x4, then you turn your locker on and it’s like oh shit you can’t stop me. I imagine it will do the same for a 2wd.

I have another truck with a fully locked rear diff (meaning you don’t turn it off). Taking sharp turns can be fun, having the tires chirp and the truck hop a bit.

How far have you gotten with the locker in 2wd. I'm starting to become a little bit more adventurous.

Pretty much normal trail riding, up rocky hills and through mud. I have a video of trail riding, shot with a go pro from the windshield. You can see the terrain in the video. The only spots I’ve used 4lo was my avatar pic.

Edit: You can do a lot with a locker in 2WD. Just like everything else, be smart about it and dont get in over your head, or try not to wheel alone.

I have tons of crappy instances where I’ve done just that and it doesn’t end well.

Last edited:
Back