• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Load Bars

Berserker__taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Just got a new AREA BFE aluminum clamshell tent for the truck. It's way heavier and a lot more beefy that the OVS soft shell I've been running the last few years. I'm wondering if anyone here is running a similar tent and how do you have it mounted? I have it mounted on my RSI Smartcap with 2 front runner load bars. This thing is actually making the bars flex and it will bounce around. Do I need 3 bars?
20220619_190646.jpg

Just got a new AREA BFE aluminum clamshell tent for the truck. It's way heavier and a lot more beefy that the OVS soft shell I've been running the last few years. I'm wondering if anyone here is running a similar tent and how do you have it mounted? I have it mounted on my RSI Smartcap with 2 front runner load bars. This thing is actually making the bars flex and it will bounce around. Do I need 3 bars?
20220619_190646.jpg
more bars or re-evaluate your mounting system.

Back