• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lifting 2019 Taco TRD Pro

Ttd

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Anyone who can help me with my 2019 TRD Pro? I'm in VA and want to know what the best way to get it done.

Were in VA?

Suggested to my close friend in Stafford VA he take his 4 Runner to Trail Tech and was very pleased with their work.

Exactly what are you trying to achieve?

A couple inches just for looks? A couple inches to clear bigger tires? Do you want to keep your TRD Pro suspension parts or get rid of them? Some background will help us give you better recommendations.

Exactly what are you trying to achieve?

A couple inches just for looks? A couple inches to clear bigger tires? Do you want to keep your TRD Pro suspension parts or get rid of them? Some background will help us give you better recommendations.
I want to keep the existing suspension part on the TRD Pro and to clear for bigger tires.

In that case, going up to 33s, it won't be a problem on a TRD Pro without any major modifications. Every tire manufacture is a bit different on actual measurement of 33", so do a little research on that side. At the minimum, you may need to set caster as positive as possible within spec to clear when you are turning your wheel at full lock. After doing that, if you are still rubbing a bit, you'll need to do a little trimming and probably ditch the front mud guards. Maybe even a chopping the cab mount. Every truck is different so ymmv. Also, you could consider skinny 33s. Many guys have had success not doing much at all throwing skinny 33s on the TRD Pro suspension. There is an extensive thread on TW that touches on this and everyone's experiences: The SKINNY on skinny tires

Wescott Designs offers a TRD Pro lift, but you will want to do a little more research on these. I don't have experience with these or done any research on them. I think they're relatively new and they're beginning to get a little more popular in the community for guys who want to reset the factory 1" lift after adding a bumper + winch.

If you're headed for 35s, I believe you'll at least need a new set of UCAs and maybe even a new suspension system that will give you more lift, in addition to everything done for the 33s. Other guys may be able to expand on these.

Which way are you headed?

Hello, I lost your number. Can I have it again? This is Tom.

This is a great resourse page Tom. I am in OcMd, myself, go to the build thread on hear, there are a ton of great trucks and peeps that built them. What are you looking to get done. What is your budget, what type of 4 wheeling do you wanna do??

Back