• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question Left Lower Switch Panel

Smitty

6️⃣ Aficionado
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR AC Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
So I'm trying to find myself a new switch panel for my 2017 TRD OR Access Cab. I don't need what I circled in the image below, and I want to be able to customize it more. MESO Customs was my first option, however they aren't taking orders apparently for them... Anybody know of a good place I can find myself one? I got ditch lights I need to install! :)

1680622987411.png

So I'm trying to find myself a new switch panel for my 2017 TRD OR Access Cab. I don't need what I circled in the image below, and I want to be able to customize it more. MESO Customs was my first option, however they aren't taking orders apparently for them... Anybody know of a good place I can find myself one? I got ditch lights I need to install! :)

1680622987411.png
The stock dash cut out only allows for so much changing (plus keeping the OE stuff)
This is one that may add some space. (link below photo)
1680633667422.png

Tacoma Dash Switch Panel (https://tacomatactics.com/products/2016-present-switch-panel)

Thing is I don’t need the sideways switch and most come with it :/
How many switches are you looking to add? Do you have that bed light switch now?
Easiest and most cost effective way it to pull the cubby and add a 3-switch panel. I might have a few floating around if you're interested.

Second, if you can find me a 3D file of just the panel, any configuration. I can modify it to fit whatever configuration you want and print it. Sanding and hitting with paint make it look pretty damn OEM. Super strong too. There is a liner coating in a spray can, that looks really good. Like the subtle light texture of the factory plastics. There used to be one out there. I'm guessing the guy took it down.

Third, purchase an OEM switch panel. Cut out everything but the frame. Mold it back together. Sand. Paint.

Fourth, Modular switch panel. Guild Outfitters has the base panel you can get in whatever configuration. Then you add the modular insert for the top. $200 just sounds brutal.

1680639250661.png

1680639235840.png

1680639270437.png

Lastly, hope MESO opens it up and you catch the window.

Last edited:
Totally forgot, there's also Shapeways. Sort of like contracting it to someone. Someone puts the file on the site. Shapeways prints it. Charges you up the cooter and ships it to you. They use better printers and offer material options.

I like mine from MESO. They usually do their stuff a few x a year so hopefully they'll be doing another ordering thing soon. The OE style switches look so much cleaner vs a SwitchPro to me. I have the bed lighting option but that's what I wanted lol.

Could always add bed lighting 🙃

I like mine from MESO. They usually do their stuff a few x a year so hopefully they'll be doing another ordering thing soon. The OE style switches look so much cleaner vs a SwitchPro to me. I have the bed lighting option but that's what I wanted lol.

Where can I find the bed lighting? Is it easy to wire?

Where can I find the bed lighting? Is it easy to wire?
Easy.
This was the manual for how to install the 2016-2019. Previous style pods. You get the idea for wiring.

When you buy your switches, be sure to pay attention to the colors. Big and small. Also different shades of the blues.

The mid height OE style switches definitely do look so much better. When I did mine they didn't have all the ones available. If they did, the LED didn't match. I didn't feel like swapping the LED or experimenting with the resistors. So I settled on the elongated gay ass ones. I was so triggered by the font mismatch...

Last edited:
Back