• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

LED fog lights

Eagle1912

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2022 SR5 DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Picking up a new-to-me 2021 Rav4 tomorrow. I know it's not a Taco, but it's in the family so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...I want to upgrade the stock fog lights to LED. I saw where I could get LED bulbs to replace the stock bulbs, but the stock fogs are more eye-candy than anything else and I am thinking that I should be able to get a system with better lenses for better performance. Any brand advice (positive or negative) is appreciated. It will obviously never be used for off-road so I want the stock look with a better wash of light along with the ability to properly aim them to not blind oncoming traffic

If they take the same fogs as the taco, you can't go wrong with the Diode Dynamics Elites. Their output is tremendous and they still have oem styling.

Depends on how much you want to spent.
I had good luck with Nokya LED Fog Lights and feel it's one of the best options for a bulb swap. Just swap bulbs and adaptor goes in-line. Reliability and quality was good. Light output was great. Nicer than Amazon lights that have come through my hands when I used to "product" review stuff.
Had them on my Corolla. Then moved them to the Tacoma when I traded in. I added precut Lamin-x Film to make the lens yellow. A lot of the Amazon ones don't give much light output. The more expensive ones on there start to get hotter and chance of failure is higher. They have bad heat dissipation. Fans fail from the slightest debri.

These specifically:
nok9510.jpg

If you can spend more, I'd go the Diode Dynamic or Baja Designs. I haven't tried the DD's yet since they weren't available when I got mine. BD's are very bright. They both offer a SAE version. So it does offer some cut-off to prevent glare for oncoming traffic. But I do feel like a lot of vehicles now with the factory LED assemblies just have mad glare. I wouldn't be concerned much over the glare. That just from going to a brighter LED light will always cause some amount of glare. The difference between the two is negligible. I really believe it's just a way to charge more. I think the only difference was the lenses itself and the cone shape but the LED is the same. Even if you were to just swap the bulbs into the factory housing. Since it's made for Halogen bulbs and not LED. So I always recommend check your budget and get whatever you want. If I remember correctly, you can loosen the mounts to adjust them slightly to angle them down.

285427-fffddb981d31dc7d9b20eecfaef2e82f.jpg

1678490027324.png

Depends on how much you want to spent.
I had good luck with Nokya LED Fog Lights and feel it's one of the best options for a bulb swap. Just swap bulbs and adaptor goes in-line. Reliability and quality was good. Light output was great. Nicer than Amazon lights that have come through my hands when I used to "product" review stuff.
Had them on my Corolla. Then moved them to the Tacoma when I traded in. I added precut Lamin-x Film to make the lens yellow. A lot of the Amazon ones don't give much light output. The more expensive ones on there start to get hotter and chance of failure is higher. They have bad heat dissipation. Fans fail from the slightest debri.

These specifically:
nok9510.jpg

If you can spend more, I'd go the Diode Dynamic or Baja Designs. I haven't tried the DD's yet since they weren't available when I got mine. BD's are very bright. They both offer a SAE version. So it does offer some cut-off to prevent glare for oncoming traffic. But I do feel like a lot of vehicles now with the factory LED assemblies just have mad glare. I wouldn't be concerned much over the glare. That just from going to a brighter LED light will always cause some amount of glare. The difference between the two is negligible. I really believe it's just a way to charge more. I think the only difference was the lenses itself and the cone shape but the LED is the same. Even if you were to just swap the bulbs into the factory housing. Since it's made for Halogen bulbs and not LED. So I always recommend check your budget and get whatever you want. If I remember correctly, you can loosen the mounts to adjust them slightly to angle them down.

285427-fffddb981d31dc7d9b20eecfaef2e82f.jpg

1678490027324.png
Thanks. I am looking at changing the whole unit as I expect the stock optics to be second rate. DD looked like it had good options at a decent price but the gateway is failing today and I can't get on

Thanks. I am looking at changing the whole unit as I expect the stock optics to be second rate. DD looked like it had good options at a decent price but the gateway is failing today and I can't get on
Check sponsor site vendors. A lot of times resellers will offer some sort of discount that's only beat by direct pricing during Holiday sales.

Back