• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Leather Upholstery vs Seat Covers

I just ordered and installed clazzio seat covers, look like factory leather and for the price look great IMO. Took me 90 minutes and alot of sweating and swearing but I'm pumped at how they turned out . $499 shipped to your door. Can't go wrong i have read reviews and forums for the last year before I pulled the trigger and am happy I did
20200817_204812.jpg

If cost isn’t the issue have them replaced with leather. Katzkin you’d might want them professionally installed, I did, I’m sure you can do it yourself tho. Also not sure if sliding the covers over will effect seat warmer?

If cost isn't an issue then why wouldn't you just buy a set of Toyota OEM leather seats and swap them out?

I just ordered and installed clazzio seat covers, look like factory leather and for the price look great IMO. Took me 90 minutes and alot of sweating and swearing but I'm pumped at how they turned out . $499 shipped to your door. Can't go wrong i have read reviews and forums for the last year before I pulled the trigger and am happy I did
20200817_204812.jpg
They look great, congratulations on the upgrade!

I don't have covers myself, but I have seen Clazzio, Katzkin, and PRP in person and all looked very good.

In my experience: you get what you pay for.

This is especially true in regards to hookers, cocaine, and seat covers.

20200817_204812.jpg
I notice a not so great fit on the side of the drive side bottom seat. Did this work itself out since your original post?

After the covers have been on for a month or two go back and tighten them up again.

I bought Katzskin for my old vehicle. No regrets. Customized the way I wanted and added seat heater + ventilation. On the Tacoma, I got leather (on purpose) with the other upgrades available. But if I had a need to go aftermarket again, I would 100% go back to Katzskin.

Adding leather to your truck is a great idea for a more upscale look. Between new upholstery and seat covers, it really depends on your preference and budget.New upholstery, like Katzkin, tends to offer a more seamless and custom fit. It can be pricier but often provides a factory-level finish.On the other hand, seat covers are usually a more budget-friendly option and offer some versatility. They're easier to install but might not give that same tailored appearance.If you want to learn more about leather and its different grades, you can check out this blog post: https://vonbaer.com/blogs/blog/leather-grades

Last edited:
Leather in hot climates takes time to cool down and can get a bit sticky as well.
There are Pros and Cons to both leather and cloth seats,.... cleaning-wear-climate-comfort to mention a few.

Owner preference should be the deciding factor.
I like cloth for comfort-cleanable-less maintenance. I have owned both.

I've got a feeling Konturson is a spam account. Digging up a 3 year old thread to say "maybe" in what sounds like a ChatGPT reply for their first thread is suspicious and not the first time I've seen this kind of content on here.

Back