• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Leaf Spring

18TacoTRDSport

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Looking for some advice here. I recently put a 2” leveling kit with a 2” block in the rear. I noticed that the part of the leaf spring in front of the rear tire seems to have flattened out. Is this a common thing?

Secondly, does the spring need to be replaced ?

Attachments

• IMG_4521.jpeg
    IMG_4521.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 30
The stock 3g leaf springs tend to ride pretty flat, the lift block should not have made a difference with that. But if you notice them making more of a 'w' shape that comes up where the axle is instead, then you should probably change them out.

So does the pictured look like how it would normally look without the lift? I never really noticed

Picture looks normal. But look under the truck and see what the whole spring is doing. If it's flat you're fine. If it W's in the middle you're not.

I guess it somewhat makes sense if it’s flattening out, for there is now a 2” block in the middle creating a higher point in the leaf

I guess it somewhat makes sense if it’s flattening out, for there is now a 2” block in the middle creating a higher point in the leaf
The leaf attaches the same to stock or a block. It doesn't know there's a block there. The block should not affect how it's shaped.

Just confirming, my stock ones looked the same even without a block. Even the Dakar leaf can look that way too.

Just confirming, my stock ones looked the same even without a block. Even the Dakar leaf can look that way too.
Thanks for the feedback. I’m just looked a little odd, and with this being my fear lift I dinn n f k ow what to really expect and didn’t know if tht was caused by the block

Back