• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Just another WA taco

collardsandcornbread

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned my Taco for almost a year and a half, coming up on 30k miles. I'm mostly all stock, upgraded my tires a few months ago and did some minor cosmetic and comfort features but usually my Tacoma is hauling myself and the pup to trailheads, my paddleboard and soon my new kayak (once I figure out which one I want). I do minor off-roading and I am a NW WA ambassador with Lady Owned Toyotas and have done a few trail runs with them. (Photo from Hamma Hamma)

My background is not in Toyotas or trucks in general, but rather Fox body mustangs and imports (Audi, Subaru, minimal BMW experience) so it's been a learning experience. Luckily mechanical is still mechanical but it's a whole new ball game when driving off road and I discovered pretty quickly that while the suspension is forgiving, cornering down a mountain isn't as much fun in my Tacoma as it was in my Subaru.

Attachments

• Hamma Hamma.jpg
    Hamma Hamma.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Tacoma Everett Mural.jpg
    Tacoma Everett Mural.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 73
Hello and welcome to our forum, Rebecca. Your truck looks clean as it is, but do you have future plans for it? That Toyota line-up looks nice, too. As I mentioned on Facebook, we don't have a huge presence of lady drivers here, so it would be cool if you invited some of your friends aboard. We're friendly!

Also, thank you for the donation. Your patch will be in the mail soon.

No major plans until it's paid off. Since the husband is still Active and I'm out, I don't want any major debts if we have to move again and I go back on the job hunt. So for now, I just look at everyone's builds and dream ?

No major plans until it's paid off. Since the husband is still Active and I'm out, I don't want any major debts if we have to move again and I go back on the job hunt. So for now, I just look at everyone's builds and dream ?
Nothing wrong with that. What branch are you guys?

Welcome to the forum! I’ve been seeing the Lady Owned Toyota’s on IG a lot recently. Really cool that you guys got your own crew going on!

Welcome to the forum! I’ve been seeing the Lady Owned Toyota’s on IG a lot recently. Really cool that you guys got your own crew going on!
I’m hoping more of them join. It’s nice to have some smarter people around. Too many dudes and I start feeling like I’m in the Marines again.

Just kidding. But no I’m not.

I'm trying to ween off the crayons now that I PCS'd into 1stCivDiv.
Might I suggest the scented markers. Better flavors, longer lasting, and the caps are great for portion control.

How long have you been on the civilian side now? I tried for a few years and even had a cushy corporate job with the corner cubical and window views but I missed being able to tell people what I really thought, and I like wearing hoodies and jeans rather than dresses and heels.

Might I suggest the scented markers. Better flavors, longer lasting, and the caps are great for portion control.

How long have you been on the civilian side now? I tried for a few years and even had a cushy corporate job with the corner cubical and window views but I missed being able to tell people what I really thought, and I like wearing hoodies and jeans rather than dresses and heels.
I was June 2013 to July 2019. My plan was to do 20 but I was medically separated due to a combination of a back injury and mental health issues. If I could just not have a bad back, I would prefer to still be in and do my 20. I was planning on going drill instructor and I was usually above my peers in most things. I am also not cut out for the boring corporate life. That's why I'm preparing to live in my Tacoma full-time while traveling the continent. The sweet VA disability money will be helping with that.

That's why I'm preparing to live in my Tacoma full-time while traveling the continent.

Sucks to hear but at least you have a plan. If you make it over to the PNW, get out and stretch your legs with some gorgeous hikes.

Back