• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Jordanvc13's Polu Intro and Build

Jordanvc13

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
Hey all! Name's Jordan living in Denver, CO by way of San Diego, CA. Polu (Hawaiian for blue) is my 17 TRD OffRoad. Bought her September 2017, my 4th Tacoma. Been a long time since I've joined a car owner forum so glad to be here and get some ideas. Eventually she will be a fully fitted rig, but so far:

3" level kit
N2 Designs Remote Start
Tyger Bull Bar
Tyger Rock Sliders
285/75/16 Khumo RoadVenture
Limo Tint
Chuck Norris "Edition"
Rocky Mounts Bike Mounts
Yakima Evo Ski Racks
Vinyl Tonneau cover
Rightline Gear Bed Tent
AirBedz Bed Mattress
IMG_5142.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

Hello and welcome to Tacoma3g!

Is it comfy to sleep in those tents? Always wondered
We initially only used a mattress pad, which sucked. So we bought an AirBedz mattress. It’s molded to fit over the wheel wells so you’ve got the full width of the bed. Much better! Set up is super easy, the tent has done well in rain and wind, wouldn’t recommend for winter but it’s fine for the other 3 seasons. Not the Ritz, but it’s comfortable enough.

I saw the bull bar and thought "huh... that reminds me of..." scrolled a bit further "Chuck Norris! Exactly!"

Welcome aboard!

I saw the bull bar and thought "huh... that reminds me of..." scrolled a bit further "Chuck Norris! Exactly!"

Welcome aboard!
Ha! I couldn't help it once I saw the commercials, I get more comments on that sticker than anything else I've ever had on my vehicles. Good times.

We initially only used a mattress pad, which sucked. So we bought an AirBedz mattress. It’s molded to fit over the wheel wells so you’ve got the full width of the bed. Much better! Set up is super easy, the tent has done well in rain and wind, wouldn’t recommend for winter but it’s fine for the other 3 seasons. Not the Ritz, but it’s comfortable enough.

Oh definitely! I sleep on an air bed now and it drives me nuts waking up in the morning To a semi deflated mattress lol. No leaks just the air temp changes lol

ive debated over that or a rtt.

Oh definitely! I sleep on an air bed now and it drives me nuts waking up in the morning To a semi deflated mattress lol. No leaks just the air temp changes lol

ive debated over that or a rtt.

Ya that's definitely the downside to air mattresses. This one is nice though, it has a pump/ battery built in, so makes reinflating it at night super quick/ easy. We hit that right before calling it a night and it usually stays inflated.

Didn’t know they actually made a Chuck Norris edition. That’s awesome! Welcome

Back