• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived January 2020 Rig of the Month: And the winner is... LAKETACO22!

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
At 25 total votes, congratulations to @laketaco22 on winning our very first Rig of the Month contest!

1579627993352.png

I wasn't sure how popular this new monthly contest would be as it's not something we've done before. I'm excited to say, it was a hit! We had more submissions than I was expecting and many of them had over 10 votes, some even into the 20s. I would like to give an honorable mention to @hellppy and @TRDOFHOLLAND as they both came in with 24 votes, just one less than our winner. (You two are good to enter again next month, FYI.)

@laketaco22, enjoy your $50.00 gift card to Amazon.com, T3G patch, and T3G sticker! Your photo will also be in the sidebar of the forum homepage until it is replaced by next month's winner. Lastly, I will feature your truck on the T3G Instagram today.

As for everyone else, this contest will be occurring every month and as long as you haven't won within the last 6 months, you're free to enter each month! The next one will be open for submissions on February 10.

P.S. As a French Bulldog owner myself, I'm excited to have one front-and-center on our forum homepage, lol.

As for everyone else, this contest will be occurring every month and as long as you haven't won within the last 6 months, you're free to enter each month! The next one will be open for submissions on February 10.

Question, when entering multiple months in a row, should we not be allowed to use the same photograph more than once? I could see the same image being used again and again. Also, did you see people entering early in the month have more votes in general than people on the second and third pages?

Question, when entering multiple months in a row, should we not be allowed to use the same photograph more than once? I could see the same image being used again and again. Also, did you see people entering early in the month have more votes in general than people on the second and third pages?
Good questions.

Entering the same photo over and over should be on the user, in my opinion. If you had a photo that almost won, I don't see why I shouldn't let you try again with that photo. On the contrary, if you had a photo that didn't do so well, it would be on you if you decide to use that photo again over trying to submit a "better" photo, whatever that might mean.

And yes, I did see photos on the first few pages having more votes than the later pages. This is an unfortunate side effect of the thread system. I have been thinking about ways to work around this to make it more fair for all submissions.

One option is to make it very clear that you should submit your photo sooner rather than later because of this problem. I'm not sure how much that would help though.

Another option is to have all of the submissions display at the top of the thread so voters can see them all at once, as seen on a friend's Jeep forum here:
1579632608609.png

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/january-2020-ride-of-the-month-rotm-contest.30458/

The last option I have in mind right now is to only accept the 10 first submissions each month. Once we reach 10, I would create a new thread for voting. By doing this, all submitted photos would have their voting started at the exact same time.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know. And on that note, if anyone has any other form of feedback on this contest, please do share it. This is obviously new to us and I'm sure we will refine it as we go.

Good questions.

Entering the same photo over and over should be on the user, in my opinion. If you had a photo that almost won, I don't see why I shouldn't let you try again with that photo. On the contrary, if you had a photo that didn't do so well, it would be on you if you decide to use that photo again over trying to submit a "better" photo, whatever that might mean.

And yes, I did see photos on the first few pages having more votes than the later pages. This is an unfortunate side effect of the thread system. I have been thinking about ways to work around this to make it more fair for all submissions.

One option is to make it very clear that you should submit your photo sooner rather than later because of this problem. I'm not sure how much that would help though.

Another option is to have all of the submissions display at the top of the thread so voters can see them all at once, as seen on a friend's Jeep forum here:
1579632608609.png

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/january-2020-ride-of-the-month-rotm-contest.30458/

The last option I have in mind right now is to only accept the 10 first submissions each month. Once we reach 10, I would create a new thread for voting. By doing this, all submitted photos would have their voting started at the exact same time.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know. And on that note, if anyone has any other form of feedback on this contest, please do share it. This is obviously new to us and I'm sure we will refine it as we go.

I like the idea of having all the images at the top of the post. It gives more equal visibility to all submissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back