• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Is Rig of the Month over?

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
I've got some pretty good picts lately and I want to show them off. It doesn't really matter to me if there are prizes if that's the problem.

I've got some pretty good picts lately and I want to show them off. It doesn't really matter to me if there are prizes if that's the problem.
Tyler still on the Great Adventure? He might just be super busy.
Whenever you win, just send me the prize. I'll use it towards something that will benefit everyone here. :)

I'm just saying I think I have some potential with these :) :

2021-10-01 18.51.30.jpg

2021-10-02 07.50.39.jpg

2021-10-02 20.35.02.jpg

2021-10-03 10.12.28.jpg

Besides being unexpectedly busy with road life, I ran out of funds for RotM. I used to pay for those prizes with sponsors, money from people buying stickers, or out of pocket.

The money from stickers ran out because they don’t sell much anymore. And had to use what was left to pay the server bill recently ($520 every 6 months). I normally don’t mind paying out of pocket but I’m still recovering from all the spending I did to prepare my truck and camper for road life.

I do want to bring RotM back though.

Besides being unexpectedly busy with road life, I ran out of funds for RotM. I used to pay for those prizes with sponsors, money from people buying stickers, or out of pocket.

The money from stickers ran out because they don’t sell much anymore. And had to use what was left to pay the server bill recently ($520 every 6 months). I normally don’t mind paying out of pocket but I’m still recovering from all the spending I did to prepare my truck and camper for road life.

I do want to bring RotM back though.
I'd be happy without a prize. I just like showing off pictures of my truck and voting for others.

Also, can you even buy standalone stickers? I thought I was able to buy one and then it wouldn't let me do that again. I would totally buy a Tg3 shirt with just the same logo as the sticker. Maybe set up a print on demand store? I did that for my channel. Only took a few minutes. Worth noting took almost a month to get stuff i ordered though.

Last edited:
I'd be happy without a prize. I just like showing off pictures of my truck and voting for others.

Also, can you even buy standalone stickers? I thought I was able to buy one and then it wouldn't let me do that again. I would totally buy a Tg3 shirt with just the same logo as the sticker. Maybe set up a print on demand store? I did that for my channel. Only took a few minutes. Worth noting took almost a month to get stuff i ordered though.
Dude, I'd totally buy a shirt too, for what it's worth!

This is a very very hypothetical question…

Is there anyone that might want to be a forum moderator to help with things like Rig of the Month and such?

Very hypothetical. I’m always very hesitant about having volunteer staff.

Is there anyone that might want to be a forum moderator to help with things like Rig of the Month and such?

I'd be down.

Hypothetically...maybe. I mean, I like ENTERING the ROTM. If I'm helping with it then I'm not sure if that would be permitted?

I tried shirts once but I was really unhappy with the quality of them. It didn’t feel right selling that crap. But I would be open to trying again.

What was wrong with the shirts? Seems like an easy way to make a couple extra bucks. Any time I buy a branded shirt, they just go with the normal Next Level tshirts (which I love and buy blank ones anyway). Was it the logo? The pics you had looked decent, maybe they were worse up close?

Seems like something to look into, as I feel like theirs been an influx of people lately. Interested if the server cost goes up (I had been wondering what it costs to maintain this place). I used to work with a guy that owned a tshirt business on the side. I can to talk to him if you need any help with it. However, I totally get your issue of working with volunteers for your forum.

Need suggestions for Rig of the Year 2021.

Skip it?

Hold the contest as normal with the 9 RotM winners since 2021 won't have all 12?
I think you should ask the winners what they want to do. I didn't win this year so I've got no skin in it.

What was wrong with the shirts? Seems like an easy way to make a couple extra bucks. Any time I buy a branded shirt, they just go with the normal Next Level tshirts (which I love and buy blank ones anyway). Was it the logo? The pics you had looked decent, maybe they were worse up close?

Seems like something to look into, as I feel like theirs been an influx of people lately. Interested if the server cost goes up (I had been wondering what it costs to maintain this place). I used to work with a guy that owned a tshirt business on the side. I can to talk to him if you need any help with it. However, I totally get your issue of working with volunteers for your forum.
Good questions/insight. I’ll try to think about this more and see if I can come up with a new plan for shirts.

It’s back! Last call for submissions.

It’s back! Last call for submissions.

Geez, I just scraped by. I was out traveling for the holidays.

I’ll have the time to create Rig of the Year 2021 this Wednesday/Thursday.

I just got done driving from Cali to NY unexpectedly. Mild medical stuff. Need some time to catch my thoughts and then I’ll be around to do Rig of the Year and stuff.

Back