• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Entune/CarPlay ios13 and EnTune

2BigTaco

5️⃣ Platinum
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
So recently I upgraded the software on my iPhone X to iOS 13 and all of a sudden my radio in my 2019 Tacoma (non jbl) started power cycling while the car is on and the phone is connected. Through different tests I’ve found that it only does that when my phone is connected via Bluetooth. Basically everything works fine for 2 mins then the whole radio powers down, toyota logo, appears, and boots up. The music will start playing then two minutes later the same thing. Took it to the dealership and they said they updated the software and worked fine. Two minutes into my drive home and boom it dies again. I am going back to the dealer when i have time but wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

ive been getting that in my truck lately also...and happens all the time in my wife's avalon. its pretty annoying

So recently I upgraded the software on my iPhone X to iOS 13 and all of a sudden my radio in my 2019 Tacoma (non jbl) started power cycling while the car is on and the phone is connected. Through different tests I’ve found that it only does that when my phone is connected via Bluetooth. Basically everything works fine for 2 mins then the whole radio powers down, toyota logo, appears, and boots up. The music will start playing then two minutes later the same thing. Took it to the dealership and they said they updated the software and worked fine. Two minutes into my drive home and boom it dies again. I am going back to the dealer when i have time but wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

I'd definitely make a call to corporate prior to your next dealer visit. Getting it documented on both ends make help you out later.

I had this issue in my Tundra, but I have an Android phone running the latest. The next time I was at the dealership, I told them about it and they reinstalled the entune package. It resolved it, but that was a while back ago.

I'm guessing it might be due to iOS13's AVRCP 1.6 support which includes album art over bluetooth. As I'm sure you know - iOS 13 is still in beta right now so it's highly possible that changes might come to either the iOS release, updates for EnTune, or both.

I would probably let Toyota corporate know and maybe file a radar with Apple.

Last edited:
have you unpaired and paired again?

yeah. Def tried that at first. Then again after they updated the software.

I'd definitely make a call to corporate prior to your next dealer visit. Getting it documented on both ends make help you out later.

thanks. I never thought about having it documented. I always figured that was done at the dealership.

I'm guessing it might be due to iOS13's AVRCP 1.6 support which includes album art over bluetooth. As I'm sure you know - iOS 13 is still in beta right now so it's highly possible that changes might come to either the iOS release, updates for EnTune, or both.

I would probably let Toyota corporate know and maybe file a radar with Apple.

someonetold me the same thing regarding iOS 13 and not much can be done since it’s still beta

I’ve had the same problem. I ended up dropping back my phone until they get the bugs fixed with IOS13.

Back