• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Intro - Taco_Gloom

Western_Yota

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Making my first post on the site, which fittingly, is an introduction.

So.. traded an FJ in this January toward a 2020 DCLB offroad. (Auto/MGM)

Very pleased with the change, needed something capable yet more practical.

Off the bat, ordered an ARE MX canopy with windoors and roof tracks. Desired the higher roof canopy for more room when camping and envisioned only adding a rack over the cab to almost match the raised line of a taller canopy. Bedrug as well.

Late April, began with the standard modifications.

OME BP-51, Dakar leafpacks.
Ride height about 2.5” up front.
Nitro gear UCA.

Stealth Custom Series SR8 16x8 -12mm, 285/75 KO2’s

CMC, pinch weld: hammer, cut, defeat, coat for rust.

Prinsu rack, couple maxxtraxx mounted.

4.88 regear at Nitro, needle bearing elimination..

Backseats fully removed to increase storage.

stuff I got laying around and need to install: bajadesign ambers.. aftermarket wheel well liners (cause I cut the stocks when bending back the pinch weld) and after market engine splash guards.

would like to cut exhaust back, have full-size spare that I feel could fit under bed.. considering higher flow muffler in the near future with a dump ahead of rear axle. CBI sliders on order.. researching what brand of armor I’d like to go with.

anyway, probably forgetting things .. but, will add as necessary. I think forums like these are an invaluable asset to vehicle enthusiasts to amass information and ideas that we can all contribute and draw from.
8B44BC67-B965-40AE-A21B-BF03B595BCEF.jpeg

Welcome to Tacoma3g!

Very nice setup you have going on. Glad you bent the pinch weld and didn’t cut it all up, your truck thanks you too! 🤘🏻

What's with the needle bearing elimination? Should I do that when I regear? Or is it a separate thing from the differentials?

What's with the needle bearing elimination? Should I do that when I regear? Or is it a separate thing from the differentials?
Not required for regear... but it’s a 60 dollar part and didn’t cost more in labor since everything was pulled apart at the time. Sometimes a lifted Tacoma can get a vibration and swapping out that bearing is the fix. I wasn’t experiencing a vibration, it was purely preventative.

Back