• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Cosmetic Interior/license plate lights too blue?

ev_santillano

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 SR5 DCLB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I ordered the interior and license plate bulb kit that caliraised LED sells and they work great but they seem to shine a little too blue for my liking. Interior is fine but the difference between the 3rd bake light and license plate lights is just too apparent for my liking. Anyone have any idea what kind of bulb is in the 3rd brake light? Or anyone have any suggestions on after market bulbs that shine a little more white and more closely match the 3rd brake light? ... I did install the bed lights that go on both sides of the rear of the bed and they match pretty much exactly to the 3rd brake light.

You need a 4500k-5500k light. You likely have at least a 6500k light.

I have these, which are not blue at all. You can see how they look in my build thread:

Awesome! Now that I have a general range I should be looking for I’ll probably buy from a variety of brands and see which ones I like. Thanks for the input!

Back