• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Inner Fenders & 35s

TJB618

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I purchased a 2020 Off-Road a few weeks ago. I have a massive build that is set to take place on the 10th of April. I was shocked to only find 1 inner fender solution online by C4 fab. The shocking part is the shop I'm having do the work is extremely professional (Southern Off-Road here in Ga) the labor quote on the fenders is $2000! Yes, they will be doing some special mods to the fender lining so it isn't a hack job. But at the end of the day $2000 for labor on something like that, is it worth it?

Not worth it in the slightest in my opinion, I just run no liners and don't worry about it. Just means you gotta aim your pressure washer a little in the fender well when cleaning.

Hey everyone,

I purchased a 2020 Off-Road a few weeks ago. I have a massive build that is set to take place on the 10th of April. I was shocked to only find 1 inner fender solution online by C4 fab. The shocking part is the shop I'm having do the work is extremely professional (Southern Off-Road here in Ga) the labor quote on the fenders is $2000! Yes, they will be doing some special mods to the fender lining so it isn't a hack job. But at the end of the day $2000 for labor on something like that, is it worth it?

Tell them to suck the juice out of your left nut. It's not a $1500 labor job.
Coincidence I legit was just checking this out trying to think of a way to clean mine up and remove the liner.
They have the high clearance liners for $550. Then the Cab Mount Relocation with the liners for $750.
Cabin Mount Chop is simple. Maybe it's just a "quote" / "estimate".

Remove fender liner.
Heat and hammer the pinch weld. Can be done without cutting.
Spray with liner.

Have them do the Cabin Mount Chop. Cabin mount relocation is another somewhat simple job.

Then install the high clearance liner. That bottom corner doesn't have to get smashed if the lift is high enough.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDMz3FO1t9I

Here's the video.

Just installing the liners is simple.
I'd ask them to quote the cabin mount chop or just the cabin mount relocation.

Simple cabin mount chop done correctly would clear the 35's. How how is the lift?

Did the $2000 include suspension install labor, cmc/relocation + liners and cabin relocation kit? Then that makes more sense.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s the kit I purchased. Between the body relocation mounting and the fender liners is were the 20 hours come into question on labor.

Yeah that’s the kit I purchased. Between the body relocation mounting and the fender liners is were the 20 hours come into question on labor.

That's a lie.
That job is 3-5 hours max.
Cut, weld shut. Lift, position, weld on.
They're not R&D'ing stuff. That is a straight up scam no matter how good the shop is.

Even the best shops might quote 6-8.

I'd find another shop no matter how professional they are. They might be charging a crazy amount to source out the welding or they just want to do more simple jobs. Then throw out an outrageous quote to deter you from doing it.
You can see to install the liner, it just bolts up, and drill a few holes.
You can roll the pinch weld. Wrap the framing hammer with a towel and use a heat gun.

Have them do a simple CMC.

Then find someone else to do the relocation. Still way cheaper.

That price seems a bit steep if you ask me. Can't hurt to get some quotes from other reputable shops in the area. Or just get a quote for just the body mount relocate and do the fender liner yourself. They must be adding a few beer breaks in there for 20 hours.

That price seems a bit steep if you ask me. Can't hurt to get some quotes from other reputable shops in the area. Or just get a quote for just the body mount relocate and do the fender liner yourself. They must be adding a few beer breaks in there for 20 hours.
Beer? You mean hookers, blow, top shelf.

Back