• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

Tacoma3G is a beginner-friendly 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma (2016-2023 model-years) forum. We are a community of people who are focused on good information and good vibes. T3G is the passion-project of a USMC/Toyota technician.

Initial modifications

Toyoxventure

2️⃣ Bronze
Just picked up my 2020 trd offroad tacoma. I want to start upgrading it to make it look more aggressive. I want to upgrade my front grill and tires. I'm asking recommendations in terms of best place to get:
1. a trd pro grill. (I have the front camera, will I need to modify it?)
2. What tire size and lift height do you recommend.

Hope yall can help me out. Thanks for having me here.

-AL

Last edited:
Just picked up my 2020 trd offroad tacoma. I want to start upgrading it to make it look more aggressive. I want to upgrade my front grill and tires. I'm asking recommendations in terms of best place to get:
1. a trd pro grill. (I have the front camera, will I need to modify it?)
2. What tire size and lift height do you recommend.

Hope yall can help me out. Thanks for having me here.

-AL
First, welcome to the forum.

To have the Pro grille with the camera, all you would really need to do is drill a hole for the camera. Unless you get a 2020 Pro grille that has the hole. Do you prefer your grille to be OEM or a cheaper aftermarket version?

As for lift, it depends on a few things. What is your budget? How do you plan to use the truck? Have you looked at photos of lifted Tacomas that you kind of want to match the stance of?

Tyler thanks for the response! I don't mind getting an aftermarket if the quality is as good as oem! Any recommendations to who i should buy from?

I plan to use the truck for overlanding/camping/offroading but not too extreme.

Does adding a lift void warranty? If so I probably won't be doing a lift yet.
Do you have a recommended tire size for stock suspensions?

Tyler thanks for the response! I don't mind getting an aftermarket if the quality is as good as oem! Any recommendations to who i should buy from?

I plan to use the truck for overlanding/camping/offroading but not too extreme.

Does adding a lift void warranty? If so I probably won't be doing a lift yet.
Do you have a recommended tire size for stock suspensions?
There are a lot of options for a knock-off grille and they are known to be the same quality but much cheaper.

This one is popular: https://www.runnin4tacos.com/products/trd-pro-grille-for-2016-2019-toyota-tacoma

And this one from @CaliRaisedLED is popular: https://caliraisedled.com/products/2016-2020-toyota-tacoma-faux-trd-pro-grille

Adding the lift won’t void the warranty but if something goes wrong with related components, they could tell you it is due to your lift, and then not warranty that specific repair. If, say, your headlights stop working, they wouldn’t care that the truck has been lifted because it isn’t related.

Tire size info: https://tacoma3g.com/threads/tire-size-fitment-and-lift.7931/#post-25797

Back