• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Industry

DADZTACO

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Why is it that vendors in this industry are your best friend when you’re looking to purchase and are non existent when you need some technical support? My goodness...

Anyways.

Bought a pair of Baja S2’s and some front runner slimline 2 mounting brackets for the back of my bed rack. Maybe I’m missing something here but If I wanted to ghetto fab brackets I wouldn’t have paid $45 for the stuff from Front Runner...

Also, ARB, if anyone within your company is reading this, your customer service SUCKS and I don’t think I will ever buy another item with your name on it. That is all.

Attachments

• F2856ACA-5B35-47D3-8023-7599D29C9032.jpeg
    F2856ACA-5B35-47D3-8023-7599D29C9032.jpeg
    523.6 KB · Views: 86
I think it’s every industry. I have not had bad luck yet with Taco stuff, except for the install of my ARB.

Just keep reaching out, that’s what I do and email, email, email. Hopefully they’ll realize and get back to you.

What’s going on with your ARB equipment? Jw

I think it’s every industry. I have not had bad luck yet with Taco stuff, except for the install of my ARB.

Just keep reaching out, that’s what I do and email, email, email. Hopefully they’ll realize and get back to you.

What’s going on with your ARB equipment? Jw

Ordered a single compressor and it’s a lemon. Doesn’t even try and engage when input power to it.

And before it’s brought up, I am pretty knowledgeable with electronics and did not wire anything up incorrectly. A gentleman from SPOD even FaceTimed me to go over my wiring job and said everything was spot on.

I’ve called ARB, left voicemails, waited on hold for countless hours with no progress. The vendor I purchased this from wants me to eat return shipping to them so they can test it and from there decide whether they’ll send me a replacement. While that’s not the end of the world, and I probably sound like a cry baby, I’ve spent thousands of dollars with said vendor in a very short amount of time and just assumed I would be sent a replacement compressor with a return label for the faulty unit.

I hear ya man. I can’t stand bad customer service. Trust me I would do the same thing, I just figure if I get annoyed with them they won’t take care of it for me and then I’ll really be SOOL.

Keep on trying, hopefully you get somewhere.

Why is it that vendors in this industry are your best friend when you’re looking to purchase and are non existent when you need some technical support? My goodness...

Anyways.

Bought a pair of Baja S2’s and some front runner slimline 2 mounting brackets for the back of my bed rack. Maybe I’m missing something here but If I wanted to ghetto fab brackets I wouldn’t have paid $45 for the stuff from Front Runner...

Also, ARB, if anyone within your company is reading this, your customer service SUCKS and I don’t think I will ever buy another item with your name on it. That is all.
Sucks about the compressor issue for sure I avoid 3rd party vendors if possible. What's wrong or issues with the light bracket?

Sucks about the compressor issue for sure I avoid 3rd party vendors if possible. What's wrong or issues with the light bracket?

No issues really just didn’t send me all of the parts needed to mount the. Have no way to mount light to bracket. Pay top dollar for BD and get no brackets or wiring ?

No issues really just didn’t send me all of the parts needed to mount the. Have no way to mount light to bracket. Pay top dollar for BD and get no brackets or wiring ?
Your baja s2 didnt come with the bare metal bracket ? Mistakes happen just gotta be patient baja designs is good with there CS from my own exsperience

@Baja Designs

Baja do not come with wiring that's pretty standard with them. So you can wire your car to your setup and not have to much extra or not enough wiring left over
Or if your only wiring 1 ,standard 2 , or 3 or more in one harness ,

Last edited:
Your baja s2 didnt come with the bare metal bracket ? Mistakes happen just gotta be patient baja designs is good with there CS from my own exsperience

@Baja Designs

Baja do not come with wiring that's pretty standard with them. So you can wire your car to your setup and not have to much extra or not enough wiring left over
Or if your only wiring 1 ,standard 2 , or 3 or more in one harness ,

They came with a wiring harness but no brackets haha.

Anyways.

Hi,

We only have one set of mounting brackets that are included with the lights. They are stainless steel and include a 3/8" mounting bolt, M6 housing bolts, and other hardware.

Did you not receive the mounting brackets and hardware? We are happy to send some out! Please call us at 800-422-5292

My apologies if we forgot to send the parts bag!

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Hi,

We only have one set of mounting brackets that are included with the lights. They are stainless steel and include a 3/8" mounting bolt, M6 housing bolts, and other hardware.

Did you not receive the mounting brackets and hardware? We are happy to send some out! Please call us at 800-422-5292

My apologies if we forgot to send the parts bag!

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Two minutes on the phone and I had brackets and hardware on the way. Now that’s some kick ass customer service. Thanks BD!

Back