• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

I'm so new I don't have my avi uploaded yet

SeniorTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Manual
White
Greetings and salutations from the Memphis, TN area.

I'm so new I still don't have my avi uploaded.

I went from a 2008 Gen 2 6spd manual with 185k+ miles that I had planned to drive for at least another 10 years to a 2019 Gen 3 TRD OR 6spd manual on a deal back in June that I just couldn't pass up.

I've come to this site a few times but never stayed because I wasn't a 3G guy...until now.

I'm working on how I'm going to plan out my build along with how I'm going to modify the trailer I have which was originally designed to match my Gen 2, so I hope to share more and should be pretty active on the site.

Stay blessed.

thanks! good to be here.

would you believe the back end of a Gen 2?

pics to follow.

Thanks, y'all.

This was my old setup and now my new ride the day at the dealership.

My original rig was a 2008 Barcelona Red and the "trailer" was the backend of a salvaged white 2006-8ish (I need to check the vin on the tailgate). It was a local craigslist find a few years ago and my wife has now accepted seeing this redneck special in our driveway. The paint and clear coat began failing hard on the Tacoma so I grabbed a beer and did a driveway paint job of rattle can camo khaki...and the rest is history.

I'll start a history/build thread to share the story and pick up where I'm at now.

Stay blessed.

Attachments

• IMG_3271 (1).jpeg
    IMG_3271 (1).jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3014 (1).jpeg
    IMG_3014 (1).jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 78
  • ESWC2452 (1).jpeg
    ESWC2452 (1).jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
Nice! I like that color on the second gen. Pairing it with a Taco trailer is even better. Is that a TRD skid on your new one?

Yep - TRD skid on the new one. I'll post a walk-around at some point.

Biggest reason I cross-graded (won't call it an upgrade; the 4.0 engine in my Gen2 was bulletproof awesome and I can feel the difference with this one) was all the options that came with it, the fact that it was a manual (which is important to me and very hard to find) and the price was too good to pass up. It was a lease trade in that was barely used.

AVI? Like the video format?

AVI? Like the video format?
avi like avatar - still have the simple 'S' and haven't decided what I'm going to use. (my kids keep me up to speed on the cool words.)

Welcome. I'm just down the road from you in Corinth, MS.
Dig it! You're near where I camp on the TN side of Pickwick. I enjoy the Brunton Branch primitive site for waterfront solo camping.

Dig it! You're near where I camp on the TN side of Pickwick. I enjoy the Brunton Branch primitive site for waterfront solo camping.
Favorite place to camp close by. Only been in the area a year, and have already been there a dozen times. Literally just got back there 5 minutes ago from a little canoeing and relaxing with my wife and kids.

Back