• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Icon progressive AAL

TacoDePapa

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hi everybody,
I installed an Icon progressive add a leaf on my 2021 double cab Tacoma . I did not reuse the overload spring. Well I only got 1 inch of lift out of it. Is that what you guys got out there ? Now I regret not using the overload spring, and I tossed. It out !! Let me know what you got using these , any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I've got the whole RXT pack and love it. I don't know that you would gain anything from the overload spring, as it doesn't take effect until the truck has a load compressing the spring.

I didn't at first, but ended up throwing it back in a year later. It did get higher. What do you have in the front?

Had 5100/887 with Icon AAL.
Went to 5/6 6112/650lbs with Icon AAL + Overload.

I think I want to grab a full leaf pack because of added weight and the unevenness of the bed. One side is lower than the other it seems.

Last edited:
I didn't at first, but ended up throwing it back in a year later. It did get higher. What do you have in the front?

I think I want to grab a full leaf pack because of added weight and the unevenness of the bed. One side is lower than the other it seems.
I have deaver expeditions stage 2 and i still have the "taco lean".

I have 2 inch lift ,, eibach stage 1

I have 2 inch lift ,, eibach stage 1
I'm sure you could hunt down a set of overloads for pretty cheap with people removing theirs.
If not, you can always just grab 3/4" blocks if it's just for height. Would only need the overload if you need it to support weight.

I have deaver expeditions stage 2 and i still have the "taco lean".
Tricky tricky. Some said it levels out. That one side is beefed up to accommodate it. Sometimes having a different product number for the added weight. That or it was a different brand. It bugs me everytime I walk towards the truck.

Tricky tricky. Some said it levels out. That one side is beefed up to accommodate it. Sometimes having a different product number for the added weight. That or it was a different brand. It bugs me everytime I walk towards the truck.
I just learned to live with it at this point. But a drive belt squeal on the other hand i'm not putting up with that. (n)

Back