• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

I Want Your Air Dam

StormRnr

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
So I'm on a quest to get better MPGs in my lifted Tacoma. I already achieved several 19mpg tanks for my daily driving, commuting and work drives by just driving slower... AMAZING!

Anyway, now I want to experiment with an Air dam. Looks like modifying a stock tacoma air dam to work with my warn semi hidden bumper is the easiest option. Everyone takes them off cause they look dumb and scrape off road, but I'm willing to take it off when I need it off if it could get me up to 20 mpg around town.

Anyone take off their air dam and willing to donate it to the experiment? It's $200 new but I know there's got to be someone with theirs sitting around somewhere.

-M
DSC01557.jpeg

If you were closer, I'd gladly donate mine. Don't have the heart to throw it away just yet.

I know that feel.
Skid plates, cross beam, exhaust, crash protector, mud flaps, Y-pipe and the list keeps going... Scattered all around my garage.
I just have my stock wheels, that I can't seem to sell. Must be an omen to throw them back on for a few extra mpgs.

I just have my stock wheels, that I can't seem to sell. Must be an omen to throw them back on for a few extra mpgs.
Toss some nitto mud grapplers on there and join the bubba truck crew ahahhaha

Toss some nitto mud grapplers on there and join the bubba truck crew ahahhaha
I saw a slight drop with my 265/70/17's, looks good enough for me!

Back