• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

I have a TRD Sport 17" stock wheels 30mm; I want to use 17" TRD PRO Sema wheels, they have a 4mm offset

Merkoose

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2019 Sport DCSB Auto
White
Hi guys!

I have been scavenging the entire internet searching for a little bit more concise answers for me; I've given up and I wanted to put myself at the mercy of you fine folks.

I just bought a 2019 TRD Sport; I'm in absolute love with it. Except those tires and wheels. Yikes.
Lifting or blocking or upgrading suspension is out of the question for me; this must all stay stock.
Spacers are also out of the question for me.

My big plan is to get some 265 70 17R Ko2 tires (a small step up from my stock 265 65 17R tires) lots of forums are saying that stock you still won't rub! (yippee!!)
and to put them on a set of 17" TRD PRO Sema wheels!

The stock offset is 30mm for my TRD Sport wheels, the offset for these wheels TRD Pro Sema is 4mm.

My question is this: Toyota designed the TRD Sport for everything to align with the 30mm 17" wheel. If I get a 4mm 17" wheel, what long term repercussions am I looking at?
I want my truck to be as healthy as possible. Shortened tire life? Bad control arm movement? Just a wider offset, no real downside?

Thanks so much anyone and everyone for your responses.

Attachments

• IMG_8944.jpeg
    IMG_8944.jpeg
    551.6 KB · Views: 3,207
  • 2018-Toyota-Tacoma-TRD-Custom-112 copy.jpg
    2018-Toyota-Tacoma-TRD-Custom-112 copy.jpg
    828.4 KB · Views: 3,752
I’m gonna toss my 2 cents out there and say your not gonna “notice” a difference in any area you question. I hardly noticed a difference in everyday driving going from stocks (mine were 245 75 16) to 265 70 17.

I’m gonna toss my 2 cents out there and say your not gonna “notice” a difference in any area you question. I hardly noticed a difference in everyday driving going from stocks (mine were 245 75 16) to 265 70 17.

Awesome! Thanks man, I love hearing stories like that to give me the extra confidence to go a little bigger; anything about the offset though? (stock) 30mm to 4mm?

Awesome! Thanks man, I love hearing stories like that to give me the extra confidence to go a little bigger; anything about the offset though? (stock) 30mm to 4mm?

Didn’t have any issues with mine. I’d have to look up the exact difference but it is similar to that from the stocks. I haven’t had an issue nor have I seen an issue anywhere with more offset. Lots do it to clear larger tires from UCA.

It’s a give or take thing. Too much here will cause issues there. So the smaller difference you can make the better. In your case, I personally wouldn’t be worried about the offset.

I just bought some Ko2’s 265/70/17 on my 2018 sport Tacoma. Wheels are from a TRD Pro 4Runner wheels and it doesn’t rub at all. Not sure if the sema wheels are the same as the TRD Pro 4Runner
That is the biggest size you can go without a lift. Anything bigger you would need a lift.
Hope this helps

I just bought some Ko2’s 265/70/17 on my 2018 sport Tacoma. Wheels are from a TRD Pro 4Runner wheels and it doesn’t rub at all. Not sure if the sema wheels are the same as the TRD Pro 4Runner
That is the biggest size you can go without a lift. Anything bigger you would need a lift.
Hope this helps

Ahh dude! I love it, thanks so much for your input.. As far as I know.. don't yell at me if I'm wrong, but the TRD Pro 4Runner wheels are in fact known as the TRD Pro Sema wheels. I don't understand it, the internet says it so I just repeat it lol! -- Thanks a lot! I think between you and Jfrisch01 I am feeling way better about getting the TRD Pro 4Runner 17" (sema) Wheels and getting those 265/70/17 tires!

MAN! I'm really grateful. Thanks so much guys for your time.

Lastly, Rigz!! Please post a picture of your truck with your sema wheels and ko2 tires when you get the chance!

Thanks again guys.

Thank you
Hey Rigz! Sweet setup. How far do the tires stick out from the fender flares? Going from +30mm to +4mm offset guessing it's about an inch but be curious to see if you have a picture.

Anyone else have experience with this setup? I'm also thinking it will help open some space between the tire and UCA. I've got a 2019 Sport with Falken Wildpeaks 265/65/17 and right now there's only about a finger width between the tire and UCA.

Hi guys!

I have been scavenging the entire internet searching for a little bit more concise answers for me; I've given up and I wanted to put myself at the mercy of you fine folks.

I just bought a 2019 TRD Sport; I'm in absolute love with it. Except those tires and wheels. Yikes.
Lifting or blocking or upgrading suspension is out of the question for me; this must all stay stock.

My big plan is to get some 265 70 17R Ko2 tires (a small step up from my stock 265 65 17R tires) lots of forums are saying that stock you still won't rub! (yippee!!)

The stock offset is 30mm for my TRD Sport wheels, the offset for these wheels TRD Pro Sema is 4mm.

My question is this: Toyota designed the TRD Sport for everything to align with the 30mm 17" wheel. If I get a 4mm 17" wheel, what long term repercussions am I looking at?
I want my truck to be as healthy as possible. Shortened tire life? Bad control arm movement? Just a wider offset, no real downside?

I have a 17 TRD Sport long bd. Mine came stock with 265-70-17 I never had a rubbing issue, hopefully that will still be the same after my lift and new tires

FYI- something to consider us that KO2’s are one of the heaviest and hardest tires on the market. Maybe good for those climbing rocks and river beds and prickly desert runs. Not so cushy on pavement. Falkens are said to be more forgiving. I’ve got K2’s and they’re very solid rubber.

Going from +30mm to +4mm offset guessing it's about an inch
This depends on the other variables. Example: One company makes wheels in 8.5“ with -35 offset Or a 9” With a -10 offset So a positive or negative offset is only part of the equation. How wides the wheel is another factor.

Hi guys!

I have a 2021 TRD sport. I want to purchase the TRD Sema wheels. Did u ever have any issues with rubbing with 265/70/17 tires? Where did u purchase the wheels if can remember? Thanks.

I have a 2021 TRD sport. I want to purchase the TRD Sema wheels. Did u ever have any issues with rubbing with 265/70/17 tires? Where did u purchase the wheels if can remember? Thanks.
I have those sized tires on my truck, and had no rubbing issues on stock suspension.

I want to make the same changes on my trd sport. Anyone know of any downside effects of this specific swap? Going from 17 x 7.5 x 30mm to 17 x 7 x 4mm with same stock tire size 265 65 17?

I want to make the same changes on my trd sport. Anyone know of any downside effects of this specific swap? Going from 17 x 7.5 x 30mm to 17 x 7 x 4mm with same stock tire size 265 65 17?
I went the opposite direction. On 265/65s I had no issues either way. 265/70 on the Semas would hit the mud flap on turns sometimes. 265/70 on the stock sport rims will not.

What is the OEM part number for the wheels and the caps at the top of this post labeled "THE DREAM". This is the first set that I have seen with those caps. All others have protruding caps.

Back