• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! I have a 2023 Tacoma off road and when, on an incline, she rolls back and I take my foot of the brake,try to accelerate, she lets out a loud chatter

JDO

2️⃣ Bronze
On an incline, she rolls back and upon accelerating she lets out a loud chattering. Sounds like it comes from the front CV. She only has 3700 miles on her. It definitely doesn’t sound good! Help

Front CV should not be engaged in 2wd.
If it's an automatic transmission it very well could be the torque converter.

Take it to the dealer (if possible, the one you bought it from) tell them the issue and have they verify that the transmission fluid level is correct.
Make sure they document the issue.

If it happens again or happens during driving let the dealer know immediately, there has been SOME problems with the torque converter but usually occurs when accelerating. Could be related or could just be low fluid level.
Source: https://youtu.be/4EOm84AuRzU