• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

I’m currently on a 5,000 mile road trip from SoCal to Washington to New York

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Just want to give you guys an update on why I’ve been posting less lately.

Friday is my last day in the Marine Corps and then in the middle of July I’m moving from San Diego to New York.

Getting everything done to get out of the Corps and set things up with the VA on the other side, and then also prepping the family and household goods and vehicles for the move is overwhelming stuff. As a result I haven’t been posting much.

The good news is that when I do finally settle into my new house I will finally have a ton of time to invest into T3G. I’m really looking forward to that.

Our drive to NY isn’t going to be straight. We’re gonna go up to Washington and then start going east, hitting national parks and other things along the route. I’m thinking it’ll be 12-18 days of a trip.

Throughout this whole process I’ll try to post little updates in this thread and during the actual road trip I’ll try to share cool photos as we go.

Thanks for being active on T3G even when I’m not.

Congrats, Thank you for your Service!
Have a safe and fun trip to NY... Gonna miss wheeling with you out here in Cali!

Can you post updates on your trip? I’m out in mass and my buddy just got out of the corps but stayed in Cali and I plan on doing a 18 day trip out to see him then another 18 day but taking the opposite route home.

Can you post updates on your trip? I’m out in mass and my buddy just got out of the corps but stayed in Cali and I plan on doing a 18 day trip out to see him then another 18 day but taking the opposite route home.
Yes, will do.

Just want to give you guys an update on why I’ve been posting less lately.

Friday is my last day in the Marine Corps and then in the middle of July I’m moving from San Diego to New York.

Getting everything done to get out of the Corps and set things up with the VA on the other side, and then also prepping the family and household goods and vehicles for the move is overwhelming stuff. As a result I haven’t been posting much.

The good news is that when I do finally settle into my new house I will finally have a ton of time to invest into T3G. I’m really looking forward to that.

Our drive to NY isn’t going to be straight. We’re gonna go up to Washington and then start going east, hitting national parks and other things along the route. I’m thinking it’ll be 12-18 days of a trip.

Throughout this whole process I’ll try to post little updates in this thread and during the actual road trip I’ll try to share cool photos as we go.

Thanks for being active on T3G even when I’m not.
That’s awesome man just stay safe on that trip ??

You should do a daily post/photo on your trip. ?

Safe travels with your move. You just have to roll with the punches with a move that big, I've moved around the country a few times as I am sure you have also and it's rare that everything goes to plan.

Current status:

391B40F0-B4FF-4B84-A699-3BAF5AADEE15.jpeg

Travel safe dude. I wish you and Paige happiness, good fortune, and the best in life as you take the next step in your journey. Thank you for your service and I hope we meet up again sooner rather than later.

Are you taking I-5 up through Oregon?

@Tyler if you guys are going to be in the Lee Vining area, the Mobil Mart there makes killer food and Mono Cone has amazing shakes. Hahaha

Back