• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How to make a Sour_Taco ('17 DCLB OR)

Nice build! From an Audi to a Tacoma, that’s a big change!

Huge change. I miss my Audi a lot.
Wife got the Audi, so I get to drive it every once in a while. :D IMG_2252.JPG

Been kinda quiet, lately. Busy, busy with the day job, and side business.

Got a couple badass orders placed this morning. Double Cab Prinsu Designs rack is inbound, along with a 42" LED bar from @CaliRaisedOffroad. I was considering doing a DIY on the process, but it appears @Maxx.Powell already nailed it! Will definately be referencing them when the time comes.

My wife barley lets me drive here. She always has the top down. She doesnt mind letting me clean it up though.

Thanks to a few suggestions from you Audi freaks on here she is now saving for a tune.

14640BF8-BD33-4791-98B2-24F8A893E742.jpeg

My wife barley lets me drive here. She always has the top down. She doesn't mind letting me clean it up though.

Thanks to a few suggestions from you Audi freaks on here she is now saving for a tune.

Beautiful car. My suggestion, steer WAY clear of APR. Go with Revo or Unitronic for the ECU tune. I've had both and love them. APR has all the money in marketing, and none in a real product or customer service.

Beautiful car. My suggestion, steer WAY clear of APR. Go with Revo or Unitronic for the ECU tune. I've had both and love them. APR has all the money in marketing, and none in a real product or customer service.

Local German tuner only does APR or evolution Motorsports. Not much choice

All this Audi talk... one of the partners that owns the company I work for has matching gray S4 (for his wife) and S6 Sport (for him) with the "black optic packages" and they are both amazing to drive. The S6 is a f'ing rocket for such a big sedan. I've taken them to service for him and stuff a few times... I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to pay to maintain both of them, haha.

Closest I've ever been to owning a German car was my SRT-6 years ago... and talk about a rocket, that car did 11 second quarter miles with basic bolt-ons and got to 160+ MPH in a quick hurry.

Local German tuner only does APR or evolution Motorsports. Not much choice

EVOMS is s solid company. I don't know much about their tuning, but I've had several products from them over the years.

Unitronic can be uploaded by the end user. No local garage tuner needed.

EVOMS is s solid company. I don't know much about their tuning, but I've had several products from them over the years.

Unitronic can be uploaded by the end user. No local garage tuner needed.

Sweet I'll look into it more.

I can upload a tune like nobody! Lol

Took the family out Mall crawlin before exploring the Olympic National Forrest, last weekend. I got exactly zero pictures while I was in the the Olympics, so here's all I've got:

36861228_1573714792738522_3699993357750108160_n.jpg
OOhhh Man! You got pretty close to that parking block. Exciting stuff. I hope you didn't scratch a wheel. I hate it when that happens. :) I didn't even make it to the mall. Was replacing screens on the house windows. :/

Update

Been a while. Life has been busy, and I spend most of my free time working on my garage based Holster company/FFL.

Anyways... since my last update, I've added a few things. Got a Prinsu rack w/CaliRaised light bar, some Maxtrax, and a CVT Awning. Also picked up the Maxx Powel fan-club trailer :LOL:

NWOR '19

Camping near Forks, WA

New bedside decals and Tyger tonneau cover.

Last edited:
Ordered up a Slimline Hybrid bumper and stage 2 high clearance kit from Southern Style Offroad. The wait (10-12 weeks) is going to kill me, but it gives me time to clear out some other things to make time for the install.

I really wanted the C4 bumper, but the cost was higher and it doesn't come powder coated. I contemplated just using truck bed liner... but, eh. the SSO bumper is great, and will work fine. plus, I won't have to replace my current Fog light setup.

Now I need to start wrapping my head around a re-gear. My MPG sucks, especially when towing the MaxxPowell-fan-club trailer. If I ever want to add a rear bumper and skid plates... I think the re-gear is a must.

Update

Been a while. Life has been busy, and I spend most of my free time working on my garage based Holster company/FFL.

Anyways... since my last update, I've added a few things. Got a Prinsu rack w/CaliRaised light bar, some Maxtrax, and a CVT Awning. Also picked up the Maxx Powel fan-club trailer :LOL:

NWOR '19

Camping near Forks, WA

New bedside decals and Tyger tonneau cover.
Bad ass! I like the wheels, but the whole rig is sick. Nice come up on the MP trailer!

Bad ass! I like the wheels, but the whole rig is sick. Nice come up on the MP trailer!

Thank you, Sir! ?

Maxx is a great dude, and built a hell of a trailer. I've taken it out a few times, and it's nearly perfect for my needs. My only gripe is the height of the shell. I had to get the upgraded telescoping ladder for my CVT tent to support the RTT :LOL:

Nice rig! How do you like that Tyger tonneau cover? I’m thinking of getting one.

Nice rig! How do you like that Tyger tonneau cover? I’m thinking of getting one.

For the price, I love it. I definitely wanted a hard tri fold, or roll up... but this was a steal at $200 ( I think?). it seems to keep the rain out, and hasn't started sagging at all. My gas mileage is up about 2 MPG, which is cool too. Shipping was super fast via amazon, and the install was cake.

Back