• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How to fix the rear composite bed squeak

TRDbro17

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new member here.

Quick question. The squeaking sound coming from the rear is driving me nuts. I have a leitner designs rack with bed stiffeners and just added some Bilstein 5160s. I saw a video of a guy replacing the six bed bolts and adding a rubber washer top and bottom to alleviate the issue. I have done so but still hear the squeaking sound, have you guys done anything to solve this? thanks a lot.

I hate the composite beds so much would love a flat bed someday from bowen customs if money wasn't an issue

Attachments

• IMG_0985.jpeg
    IMG_0985.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 94
Hello everyone, new member here.

Quick question. The squeaking sound coming from the rear is driving me nuts. I have a leitner designs rack with bed stiffeners and just added some Bilstein 5160s. I saw a video of a guy replacing the six bed bolts and adding a rubber washer top and bottom to alleviate the issue. I have done so but still hear the squeaking sound, have you guys done anything to solve this? thanks a lot.

I hate the composite beds so much would love a flat bed someday from bowen customs if money wasn't an issue
Are you sure its the bed bolts and not your leaf springs? It’s pretty common for the springs to squeak. If it really is the bed bolts, make sure you’re tightening to spec

Upvote 0
Yeah, I vote leaf springs if you've already done the bed bolts.

And I love my composite bed. Way tougher than a metal bed.

Upvote 0
It's more than likely your springs and/or shackles. My OME Dakar packs were absolutely embarassing. The spring squeak stopped when I put the Deavers on but the shackle itself will still squeak at times. Check your springs and shakles

Upvote 0
Back