• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question How much should i

barnes828

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I’ve been looking for a TRD Offroad DCLB in white with the premium package and a local dealership has one coming in. Here’s the pricing breakdown for the spec sheet and then what the salesman sent me

“MSRP $43,998.00
Discount -$500.00
Rebate -$1,000.00
Final $42,498.00 + Fees & Accessories“

what is the pricing for this truck realistically and what should my counter be?

EAFF42D8-AA43-49D8-8F03-E0B71ED1F8E6.png

This is the reason I’ll never buy a brand new car. I bought mine with 8k for 32

MSRP is MSRP. If it checks built with options online then you’re good to go.

As for buying new vs. used: it’s all fine and dandy if you’re paying cash. Financing is an entirely different story.

With the deal I worked, I would have had the same or close to the same payment going with a used TRD OR that I have now with a brand new TRD Pro. I put zero down. Toyota’s hold their value because the MSRP is generally non-negotiable and on par throughout dealerships nationwide.

Back