• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How much do you pay for registration?

MJ'sTacoma

5️⃣ Platinum
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 SR5 DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
I've always wondered if its a taco thing because i pay $47 a year and i find it extremely cheap lol

Wait you guys pay this once a year?

I wanna say mine was around $90 in FL for one year
Had the option to do 2 years for double that

Yes. My wife's Jeep is a 2019 but it's only $385. It usually goes down about 8% each year until it's like $50 or something like that.
What the... I didn't realize other states do it like this.... I thought it was just a flat fee for a while.... I just paid for mine and it was $70 once a year in TX? We are all talking about the same thing right? The sticker you put on your windshield with the month and year?

What the... I didn't realize other states do it like this.... I thought it was just a flat fee for a while.... I just paid for mine and it was $70 once a year in TX? We are all talking about the same thing right? The sticker you put on your windshield with the month and year?
In Minnesota we have stickers that go on the plates themselves. You get a new one each year in the month of your registration. The color changes by year.

In Minnesota we have stickers that go on the plates themselves. You get a new one each year in the month of your registration. The color changes by year.
Same here in FL, Its just always yellow

Well... I guess it's a sticker in general. Why does Minnesota start high and then go down on registration price from year to year? I'm not sure I understand that concept.

We pay $65 a year for plate registration in Ohio. Some states like MN base it off the value of the vehichle. If you buy a new truck, the renewal goes down as the vehichle depreciates. I think a lot of the East Coast and New England states do it that way as well.

$122 for 2 years in Oregon I believe but when you buy it new you get 4 years for $300 or something and that includes the titling.

$37 a year in Pennsylvania and $46 for state inspection and emissions. $83 because you legally need all 3.

Correct me if I’m wrong. Those states that have expensive registration, you do not pay sales tax when buying a vehicle, correct?

Correct me if I’m wrong. Those states that have expensive registration, you do not pay sales tax when buying a vehicle, correct?
No sales tax at all in Oregon.

My registration was $70 but I get a veterans benefit that knocked it down from $400. We have sales tax in NV.

No sales tax at all in Oregon.
I need to go buy a truck in Oregon next time haha

When I bought my truck, I didn't realize the dealer I bought mine at was across a county line which added an extra 1% sales tax for a total of 8%. That extra 1% basically added an extra payment (n)

In arizona I pay $600. Its set up to be a certain percentage of the value of the truck. After 5 years it tapers off significantly.

I live in California. I have you all beat. :rolleyes:😭😭😭😭😭😭🤦‍♂️

I paid huge sales tax of 10 percent because I live in a tourist town. That was 2880.00
Then another 800.00 to register in Colorado.
The price to live in paradise.
But I can charge big bucks to do basic tasks for second home owners. I get hired often to change light bulbs, hang Christmas lights, start a gas fire place, even flush the toilet while they are away.
Crested Butte Co is a great place to be in the trades.

I paid huge sales tax of 10 percent because I live in a tourist town. That was 2880.00
Then another 800.00 to register in Colorado.
The price to live in paradise.
But I can charge big bucks to do basic tasks for second home owners. I get hired often to change light bulbs, hang Christmas lights, start a gas fire place, even flush the toilet while they are away.
Crested Butte Co is a great place to be in the trades.

Mountain towns are like that but you got to hustle to make ends meet. Can be tough some times

Mountain towns are like that but you got to hustle to make ends meet. Can be tough some times
Definitely harder for the new arrivals in lots of ways. Super expensive cost of living. Crazy high rent, and wages for unskilled labor are still crap.
Covid made mtn towns the place to be this summer. We had our busiest summer ever. And real estate went even higher.
Still happy to be here.
And our fires are almost out now that it's getting cold and snowy.
Mtn towns are also known for unusually high suicide rates.
People outgrow the ski bum phase of life and realize they have nothing other than fun memories.
No health care, no retirement, no marketable skills.

Back