• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How do you mark your equipment, etc..

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
It started over 30 years ago, I would go fishing with many friends, club outings, and we share our stuffs, often times not really knowing who brought what, and stuffs who it belongs too ?
Later we started painting our equipment, sections, or whole, since I had yellow spray paint , and I still use yellow today, one friend is blue, another is green ,orange, so even if we accidentally take there stuffs home, it was easy to return it to right persons

Today I will still use yellow spray paint…..BUT. I found something that is reflective, last a very long time, weather proof…and durable..
The engineer grade Yellow reflective tape…I prefer the one wide by 30 feet rolls, can be cut in any shape ,lengths, thin, on smaller items I use a hole puncher, creating dots.. and I will apply these to everything I own, on my fishing reels poles, pliers, bells, tools, chairs, flash lights, EVERYTHING!

We do a lot of night fishing (see Ulua & Menpachi fishing- YouTube)…for our Ulua rods and bells…we would use the reflective tape to see our Fishing. Poles at night…each person will use different colors , different markings, I even use it on my rear Tacoma bumpers, adds a little more safety, at nights….try it!

Amazon - Refective tape comes in many colors ,sizes, styles, widths, lengths, Make sure it is Engineered grade…
Going overlanding with many others? This is one way to know what belongs to you! I mark everything…at night when you shine a light towards my camp…it lights up like a Christmas tree! Chairs, table legs, stove, sleeping cot legs, knives, pots and pans , tent poles, tools, everything!

Easy to spot and notice…..Day and especially at night…drop something at night? Pocket knife, phone? Shine the light…it will reflect its colors..
Even my I-pad and I- phone is marked…very noticeable day and night !
Aloha. Even my bananas are yellow…Um?

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty cool, low tech solution. We did the same thing in the Army, they even have IR tape.

I'm just OCD. I know what's mine. Lol.
Same, but I have access to a laser etcher at work. New stuff I've been putting my PID on it :ROFLMAO: (tell me you were in the military, without telling me you were in the military)

I still need to start doing the older tools.

The military low reflective tape (IR) …reminds me of the the all BLACK reflective tape…..daytime the tape looks like Electrican’s black tape…but at night it gives a whitish reflective color…for those who do not want the brighter colors of tape….this works well . I use them before on my Ulua fishing poles…

Reflective tapes…easiest way to identify your own property….especially when camping with lots of people…or loaning out your stuffs…
Aloha

Have you notice how a lot of heavy duty equipment, tractors, commercial trucks , many times will have a yellow , white reflective markings…( not everything)….

Reason why the DOT requires three brake lights, three lights gets more attention, especially when a few auto companies added them…for the first time …people notice the difference it made…as time went on..the DOT..made it mandatory…same for rear view cameras…

No one adds a yellow color reflective markings….I started adding yellow reflective tape on the rear of my off road trailer for towing on the highways…. At night..it really add more attention (safety)..

My Ford ranger( farm use only today) and my 2019 Tacoma have a yellow stripe (one inch wide) just above the trailer hitch area, center…. At night it stands out ,when light shines on it…even doing the day time …you will notice it…Safety…
Aloha,

Ps, I have a iPhone,Question… How do I add pictures to this forum.. ?

Ps, I have a iPhone,Question… How do I add pictures to this forum.. ?
1635015558202.png

Host it on an image hosting site or upload directly to the site.

Image hosting sites…quite a few….I am NOT signing up for any….can they be trusted? , hack?
Sorry no pictures from me….I wanted to show my yellow rear reflective tape on bmper..
Aloha,

Back