• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question Hood Protection- AVS, Weathertech or Paint Protection Film?

HiterSixOne

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Sport DCSB Auto
Cement
Considering hood protection. I was leaning toward AVS but I've seen people talk that the fit is not good. I've also looked at Weathertech, but I'm not sure about the whole idea of taping it to the hood. I love paint protection film, have it on my cycle, but the precut kits for the hood are overly priced.

Your experiences would be welcome. Pics would be nice too.

Vinyl wrap for mine. Dims the sheen, protects a good deal, fun do-it-yourself project, and looks great.

Attachments

• 9761E84E-952B-45A7-9ABB-F9492B091F26.png
    9761E84E-952B-45A7-9ABB-F9492B091F26.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
I have the AvS one and it fits perfectly fine . I have had it for two years

I added the AVS bugshield and it fits well and appears to offer the protection I'm looking for.

Back