• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hi I Have A Tacoma

I’ve had some parts piling up so I threw a few new bits on at once the other day. these are a higher power wireless charger, a bigger cup holder, and a smaller shift knob!

C5A9B497-80F8-430F-AAA4-5800EA901EC0.jpeg

so I’m a little mixed on this charger. it’s way faster than stock, and it bypasses the dumb qi button. but it’s ugly imho, and I still need to work out a solution for magnetic alignment because it’s as easy as always to miss the sweet spot.

it was $90 when I bought it https://a.co/eUaFz5f

7BF93CA0-74B0-442D-96A6-8CAA50C5B538.jpeg

this cup holder is a miracle. the oem cup holders in these trucks are stupid. I don’t own any travel mugs or bottles or cups or anything that fit in them. But everything fits in these! Everything Nalgene or smaller anyway. Build quality is ok, but nothing special, there were a couple of stress marks in the plastic and the springy thing in the middle fits but barely.

I think it was $65 Larger Cupholder for 32oz Bottles (https://tacoma3g.com/threads/larger-cupholder-for-32oz-bottles.13164/)

CC80152D-D509-45BE-A7C2-88C65AE4DBEF.jpeg

this shift knob is fine. the oem one is way too big, so anything smaller would have done. I can’t find the thread for this one, it was from early this year and a group buy that went very poorly for some folks.

Last edited:
Nice build man. I really want to swap out my wireless qi charger because my iphone 14 pro with the Apple mag safe case doesn’t even charge on that slow ass charger. At this point, it’s completely useless like you said the cup holders! I watched the Amazon vid, did you find the charging pad swap pretty easy to do? I’m a bit handy but I’m not mechanical by any means. I do some simpler things but I definitely have a fear of not being able to put things back together the way I found them!

Nice build man. I really want to swap out my wireless qi charger because my iphone 14 pro with the Apple mag safe case doesn’t even charge on that slow ass charger. At this point, it’s completely useless like you said the cup holders! I watched the Amazon vid, did you find the charging pad swap pretty easy to do? I’m a bit handy but I’m not mechanical by any means. I do some simpler things but I definitely have a fear of not being able to put things back together the way I found them!

Super easy to do. The video shows pretty much everything, but once you get in there it’s just the typical finding whatever screw or fastener is holding things together in your way and removing that. You put it all back in by reverse and you’re done. In general I think the interior panels are pretty easy to pop out and put back.

There is one thing to know. Normally the charger connects to the 12v outlet in the center console. If you have a 2020+, with the usb-c charger in the center console, then the plug it uses there is different. The 12v outlet in the front right above the charger still uses the same plug the charger does, so you can hook it up there instead. It’s a little more work because when you take the head unit out it’s hard to see back there while your hand is in there, but I managed to do it by feel lol. Just reach down behind the panel, unplug the 12v outlet, plug the charger into it, and plug the factory 12v into the back of that.

There is one thing to know. Normally the charger connects to the 12v outlet in the center console. If you have a 2020+, with the usb-c charger in the center console, then the plug it uses there is different. The 12v outlet in the front right above the charger still uses the same plug the charger does, so you can hook it up there instead. It’s a little more work because when you take the head unit out it’s hard to see back there while your hand is in there, but I managed to do it by feel lol. Just reach down behind the panel, unplug the 12v outlet, plug the charger into it, and plug the factory 12v into the back of that
So you’re saying I won’t have this problem with a 2019? This is a foreign language to me lol. I can handle the manual dismantling and reassembly but I’m not sure this whole voltage wiring description is clicking. I’m also wondering if this charger would even work with my phone and it’s case. I guess I can ask on the amazon page but I find those to be sort of useless, no one ever seems to reply.

So you’re saying I won’t have this problem with a 2019? This is a foreign language to me lol. I can handle the manual dismantling and reassembly but I’m not sure this whole voltage wiring description is clicking. I’m also wondering if this charger would even work with my phone and it’s case. I guess I can ask on the amazon page but I find those to be sort of useless, no one ever seems to reply.
As far as I know it would work with a 2019 just the way they show it in the video, but I’m no expert here either lol. I just tear stuff apart and hope it works when I put it back together.

I’m also using an iPhone 14 pro, but with a spigen MagSafe case. Feels similar thickness to the apple MagSafe cases I’ve used. It works!

I’m also using an iPhone 14 pro, but with a spigen MagSafe case. Feels similar thickness to the apple MagSafe cases I’ve used. It works!

Oh daaaaang you’re gonna make me waste another $100 on something I definitely don’t need in my truck :)

Back