• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Grille Heritage grill 2018/19/20

TacoDrewvee

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Should I spend the extra $$ to buy an OEM Toyota Heritage grille for my 2019 or is the aftermarket decent enough?

Should I spend the extra $$ to buy an OEM Toyota Heritage grille for my 2019 or is the aftermarket decent enough?

I bought the absolute cheapest PRO grille I could find over a year ago and have had no issues with it. I would save coin and buy it aftermarket. Mine fit great with no problems.

I think the general consensus is that the knock-off grilles are nearly identical quality while obviously being a fraction of the price. I’ve never heard of someone regretting buying a cheap one, so I would say go with that.

Thanks guys,
I was thinking the same thing but had read on some forums that some of the cheaper grilles don't properly house the crash detection sensor..?

Thanks guys,
I was thinking the same thing but had read on some forums that some of the cheaper grilles don't properly house the crash detection sensor..?

A little secret, I don’t tell many because there are so many naysayers out there... I never used the garnish either ?. My sensor fit just fine in the cheap grille

Back